Castilon Tournament One - Sign Up and Information

Here racers compete against one another with one goal in mind-- prove themselves the fastest in the galaxy.
Master Buggie
Staff

Castilon Tournament One - Sign Up and Information

Post by Master Buggie » Sat May 04, 2019 4:52 pm

I want to test the ability to do a tournament with this game, so we're going to run a multi-stage tournament. Depending on how many people we have sign up, I'm thinking of putting all participants into groups.

At the group stage (Stage 1), we'll have everyone face off in a round robin format (where everyone in their group plays everyone else in their group), probably on 5 leg sprints to keep the action fast. Depending on how many wins and losses the teams in each group ends up with at the end of the round robin, we'll create seeds for Stage 2. In Stage 2, it will be the elimination stage, with lower ranked seeds facing off against the higher ranked seeds. These races will likely be longer as we progress through the tournament (10-15 legs), until we get to the final.

In the championship, the two surviving racers face off against one another. I haven't decided what type of track to run for the final, but I was thinking a 20 leg championship with no special effects. Alternatively, we could do a medley for the final, where we run five races and the winner of three of them takes home the trophy. Still thinking about it!

While we're discussing options, I am also considering limiting everyone to three ship changes throughout the tournament, based on the ship list here. After you've gone through three ship changes, you're locked in for the rest of the tournament. I am also contemplating issuing every racer a "Course Effect Change," "Sabotage," and "Repair Sabotage" card, which will allow any racer, once within the tournament, to re-roll the course modifier (Neutral, Pirates, Asteroid Field), "sabotage" their opponent's ship, forcing them to select a different ship (of their choosing) for that race, or "block" the play of an opponent's sabotage card. That might be making things more complicated, but then again, these are only effects that can be put into play during a tournament, since it's a longer slog than one-off races.

Anyway, let's see what happens and if anyone is interested. Since it's a tournament, let's make the buy-in... 50,000 credits? That shouldn't raise too much of a barrier for entry.

Sign up below with just your character's name and any questions you might have. Send all buy-in credits to Spreadsheet on the SLIU. If you send to Master Buggie, I'm going to keep your credits.

Master Buggie
Staff

Re: Castilon Tournament One - Sign Up and Information

Post by Master Buggie » Sat May 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Master Buggie
50,000 credits sent.

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sat May 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Also, please note, sign-ups will last for a week.

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm

Also, please note, if you don't have the credits, I'm willing to loan you the money.

Varn Badaash
Registered Member

Post by Varn Badaash » Sat May 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Varn Badaash
Money hopefully coming from the bug

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sun May 05, 2019 12:28 am

I got you. I'll just send it straight to Spreadsheet.

Jak Bexel
Registered Member

Post by Jak Bexel » Tue May 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Jak Bexel
Firespray Patrol Craft
Blue Star Pirate.
Captain, Nightshade Division. Slicer on weekends.
"It doesn't get much bluer."

Jom Etro
Registered Member

Post by Jom Etro » Tue May 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Jom Etro
Credits sent