Unsafe Grounds (Closed/Ask)

The main Roleplay area of the Sithlore Universe.
Kell Sangros

Re: Unsafe Grounds (Closed/Ask)

Post by Kell Sangros » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Time had passed, hours in all reality, The guards returned and opened the Jedi’s cell. When the path was clear Kinta Vetasa stepped in with the guards behind her. Her expression was neutral but her tone was cold.

Come with us” she said then she turned on her heel and lead the small entourage down the hallway and towards their destination.
They walked in silence, though the bubble followed them, Kinta knew the Ysalmari were in the rafters of the ceiling. Only the echo of footsteps dominated the silent landscape. They had turned many corridors during the long walk. Until they arrived at a closed door. It was then she turned around to address the Jedi. Was the Jedi ready to face what was beyond this door? Probably not. She would not give her an idle warning or threat so all she would do is tell the truth.

One word of advice, don’t piss him off” and with that before she could respond the door hissed open and Kinta led the processional inside.

Inside was a slightly larger room, no windows, mostly non descript but in the center laid a table and at the table sat a man his face concealed the hood over his eyes. On the table was a pitcher of water, one empty glass, another one full. The man sitting took the glass and took a sip, content with the water he placed the glass down and rose to his feet.

Thank you Kinta you may go, but keep the guards outside this room” With that he made a gesture to dismiss them. Kinta bowed her head and then went to carry out his instructions. The Ysalmari also moved back to its main nest hidden in the prison cells. Eve would feel the Force return to her as it returned to the man as well. When the door hissed closed He drew back his hood and studied the woman before speaking.

I am Darth Warvanus” he began “you are probably wondering how the Force comes and goes here.” He felt generous in offering this information not that it would help her only in learning knowledge.

“What causes it are lizard type creatures called Ysalmari as a defense mechanism they push a bubble that while under it blinds all to the Force” he shrugged “It does not bother me as much as it does most who rely solely on it.

He sat back down and gestured for her to sit as well. He reached for his glass of water and as he did so a sleeve rolled back revealing a tattoo on the inside of his wrist. One that was consistent with the Tera Kasi Priests. He waited for her to sit. Once she complied he spoke again.

You are probably wondering why you are here hmm?” he waited for her to answer. The sith were not blind butchers not unless it was necessary, here it was not. The Sith were subtle if anything. He placed the glass down and folded his hands in front of him as he patiently waited.
===========================================
Darth Warvanus
=The Warrior King=
=The War Bringer=-

Evelyn Swann
Registered Member

Post by Evelyn Swann » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm

For how long she had been sitting there on the bed meditating, Evelyn didn't know. It had calmed her mind and allowed the questions to run through her head, debating about the possible answers.
Just whom was the big guy? Why had the Sith Elite Ops tracked her down and brought her here to Ziost? What was their plan? Was it by chance or agreed on that it was her specifically? Was she the only one captured so far or were there more Jedi close by? What was the cause for the cloud like feeling she had when it came to her connection to the Force itself?

Many of the questions she already had theories on. It was a real question if any of the suggestions were correct or not.

Slowly inhaling and exhaling, Miss Swann heard the cell door unlock and open once more. Her eyes opened to look up at her company. A fit and athletic woman with her hair in a pony tail came through the door accompanied by four men, their outfits representing some kind of guard unit. The lightsaber clipped to her hip made it obvious to Evelyn that this woman was a Sith. Her posture and the way she carried herself revealed experience and confidence. She was definitely of importance. Even as her entire demeanor showed a neutral attitude the cold tone escaping her lips, made Evy aware that she was not amused being in the young brunette's presence. Was it because of the previous comment to their welcome? Whatever it was, the Padawan recognised the voice. It was this Apprentice from earlier, Lord Vetasa whom had been at her arrival.

Not much of a conversationist huh? The Jedi thought to herself before rising from her seat to follow. As soon as the group were out of the cell she had been kept in, Evelyn studied her surroundings and even counted her steps through the many twisted and turning corridors. Something she had taught herself when she many years ago had been kept in the Imperial compound they had back on Nar Shaddaa.

When they came to a stop in front of another door, Lord Vetasa spoke to Evelyn again, only this time the young Padawan felt like it was a sincere comment. Strange, why would she even care? Quirking a brow at the advice given, she followed the Sith into the room. It was bare except for a table with some chairs and a pitcher filled with water and two glasses. That was not what concerned her in this moment however. It was the man sitting behind the table whom had her full attention. His face was covered but that was not it. It was something else she couldn't tell here and now. At least she now had the female Lord's full name, Kinta Vetasa. That was a start.

Then as she blinked and the door closed behind her, Evelyn felt the heavy invisible blanket lift itself from her being, and she immediately sensed her connection to the Force anew. Taking a deep breath, Miss Swann felt just a bit more at ease now where she could sense and feel the Light Side of the Force again. It was much needed in this place corrupted by the Dark Side.

Taking a step backwards when the Sith in front of her removed his hood, her heart sank. His entire presence in the Force was so familiar that it couldn't be missed. Her mind was focused and ready, as she knew this man was connected to Tormentous himself. She remembered Tion. This… this she had not expected. Evelyn did her utmost to not reveal how uneasy she felt about the given situation, while still listening to this Darth Warvanus about the reasoning why she felt her connection to the Force on an on/off basis here.

This was bad, really bad. Even as he motioned for her to sit, she couldn't believe his calm presence was real. And she didn't sit, not at first. There was something wrong but Evy felt he wouldn't tell her anything unless she came closer and sat down. Not saying a word, the young woman sat down hesitantly in the chair, her hazel coloured eyes never leaving their focus on this man.

Then she couldn't help but look slightly confused because of the way he asked his question. "The thought did cross my mind, yes..." The tone in her voice was calm, collected, yet also revealing her suspicion of all this.

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:44 pm

He watched as she sat across from him his hands remained folded in front of him. He did pick up on the attitude she was projecting. It was to be expected, she was after all his prisoner. He let the silence linger before he spoke.

You are here” he began “Because you are strong in the Force, and I always keep an eye out for talent. You met my apprentice, she was a sniper before she came to my service, you have the potential to surpass her if you embraced the full power of the Force.” He paused to  take the pitcher and poured himself some of the water, he poured the empty unused glass and offered it to her by placing it front of her. He then took a drink from his own glass.

He studied her. Something was familiar about her. He then rose, as he searched his memory but the connection still alluded him, it was no matter. He stood behind his chair his hands on the back. “I trust my men have not been rough, if so I will be sure to deal with them personally”  This was a sign of Warvanus that had never been seen, of course his aim was to sow misconceptions of the Sith. Especially to what he perceived to be an impressionable Jedi Padawan. He circled the room still studying her.  That feeling of familiarity still nagging at the back of his mind.

I know you from somewhere don’t I? Or maybe I know your Master?” he said asking as he broke the silence as he searched his memory. He could of course try to enter her mind but it had not come to that. She had given him no reason to be a bad host. Of course he was sure his Master would not approve of his methods. But sometimes to make honey  one had to use such measures.Especially when it came to luring Jedi to the Dark Side.

He looked at her patiently awaiting her answer.
Darth Warvanus
=The Warrior King=
=The War Bringer=-

Evelyn Swann
Registered Member

Post by Evelyn Swann » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:41 pm

Evelyn didn't know why he acted like this, so kind and thoughtful. Well she knew better. That this was just a form of manipulation, but not what his gain was sadly. She forced herself to remain as focused and calm as she possibly could. The fact that the Sith in front of her behaved completely opposite of what a Sith would normally do worried her dearly. Normally they would deal in absolutes, be short tempered and not as unpredictable as this. She had been brought here for a reason, one she really needed to know of soon. Her survival in these dreadful waters depended on it.

Clenching her teeth when Warvanus spoke of her being strong in the Force, she cursed the stars in her mind. That might be why they wanted her here, but when she looked for an answer from the Light Side of the Force itself, it gave her a sense that this wasn't the true reason why the young lady was here.

Hearing about the full power of the Force, Miss Swann knew what he meant, and she subconsciously shook her head lightly. That was not an option. She was not interested in power, nor the Dark Side.

When offered a glass of water, she merely stared down at it for a moment before her eyes moved back up to look at Warvanus. Even if it had just been ordinary clear, clean and refreshing water she wouldn't touch it with a lightsaber. The Sith were many things, but stupid wasn't one of them. There could be drugs or something, maybe a truth serum in the pitcher and an anti-drug resistant substance in his glass as it already had been filled once when she entered. They often played mind games with their prey, and Evelyn refused to be one of them.

It wasn't what it seemed to be, and that troubled her more than if he had acted like a Sith. This almost felt like a business meeting or a job interview, it was quite worrisome to say the least. As he stood, Evy planted both of her feet firmly into the floor beneath her. She might be sitting down but she was aware, oh how she was on her guard. More so when he began circling the room. The Padawan could feel how she was studied further, like some kind of an asset, and that didn't sit well with her.

Rising from her seat, Evelyn made sure she never had her back to him. With the Force aiding them both, she wouldn't risk any foolish opening. Especially with those current questions. If he truly didn't know nor remembered, then she had no reason to tell him. It could be information used to their advantage, so no. Her heart began to beat slightly faster and her muscles tensed, she knew that when it didn't go the way the Sith wanted, everything around them would burn to make it happen.

"You might… I wouldn't know, but even if I did, why would I tell you anything? The Dark Side is very strong here yes, I can feel it, sense it, but I do not allow it to consume me. You see, I follow where the Light Side of the Force guides me to. So the whole thing with the embracement of the full power of the Force? I think you forgot to tell me what that exactly inclines Darth Warvanus. I might be a Padawan, but I wasn't born yesterday when it comes to knowledge of the Force itself… so the real question is, why would the Sith think I would even consider joining them?" The tone in her voice was still calm, confident, peaceful even. Though her attitude had started to change slightly, revealing that she wasn't one you could just play mind games with. She was a clever young woman ready to stand her ground.

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 pm

He observed her behavior, so as expected power did not appeal to the Padawan. She kept her composure outwardly but through her body language and the Force he could feel the tension rising within her. If she wouldn’t turn willingly then he would have to break her. It was always the willful ones who turned into the most power of Sith. The Strong ruled the Weak. He observed her reaction to the water.

I assure you, there is nothing wrong with it, even as talented in the Force as you are, you will still need sustenance, if I wanted you dead you would have been dead long before this meeting

As he had paced he had at times shown his back to her, his senses were so fine tuned both naturally and through the Force he could sense if something were to change. He had stopped at the back of his chair.

He was surprised a little bit when she rose from her chair and then even more so when she spoke, she had confidence, the currents of the Force swirled around her mightily, he was sure if she ever became a Jedi she would be a champion to their cause, if she had joined the Sith a powerful Sith Lord she could become. He had a suspicion as a dawning bubbled to the surface.

Your master is Ben Kenobi” he began more as a declaration than a question. “Even though he is a Jedi he is a formidable warrior” he began “I knew it the moment I first met him, back when the Dark Lord mantle changed hands” He said remembering, he had learned so much since then and from that day. He had betrayed Tormentous, something he had regretted but he had sworn to restore what was his to him which was the Sith Throne, while he did not orchestrate it he had set it in motion and had a role in fulfilling his promise. He continued addressing her question.

You would be surprised” he began “You have labeled me as a Sith and in that you are correct, I am the hand of the Emperor himself, Once his apprentice now his executor to study under the upper echelon of the Sith is a great honor, maybe you do not see this but in time you will. I have the power to give you your freedom, I also have the power to assist you in shedding your mortal coil.” He was not threatening her, he was being real with her. He shrugged it off with a wave of his hand. He then realized where he had known her from but he betrayed no recognition to her.

I have to say that you fought well for a Padawan on Rhen Var I have seen full Jedi fight much worse and sloppy” he began a smug grin crossing his features. “Rhen Var has alot of history, one day I will return for academic study” That was no guise he had a genuine interest in Force lore.

You seem to know me, but I do not know you. What is your name? Or shall I call you Padawan?, to not introduce oneself is considered very rude even to your enemies
Darth Warvanus
=The Warrior King=
=The War Bringer=-

Evelyn Swann
Registered Member

Post by Evelyn Swann » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:20 am

As he spoke about the water, she knew that it was true, that if they had wished her dead she might already have been. However, Sith as well as anyone else could lie, especially when it came to revenge. And Sith were known for revenge, not to mention manipulation. She would have to tread carefully regardless.

Doing her best to keep her breathing calm and collected, Miss Swann felt her tied hands flinch ever so slightly or rather a few of her fingers did. It wasn't much of a movement to give a feeling of panic or despair, but enough for herself to notice that she needed to focus. She was surprised to hear that this Sith complimented Ben when it came to his fighting skills. Of course she knew Master Kenobi was an expert in the field, but to hear the words escape from this Darth Warvanus was something else.

When she learned that he was the hand of the Emperor himself, her brows furrowed in confusion before her features revealed her mind's conclusion to these news and information given. If he was the hand of the Emperor himself, then that would mean it wasn't Blood who was the leader of the Sith anymore, but Tormentous… like he had once before… this was bad...

Warvanus had fought alongside him back on Rhen Var and followed him through the heat of battle, thus Evelyn could come up with the conclusion that she was in quite the potential danger, and this situation would be even more difficult to escape from than she had first anticipated. Moving a few steps to the side away from her chair and a few steps backwards as he spoke of what he was capable of as well as their previous encounter, Evelyn didn't like the smug grin that came from him.

"I only know you from Rhen Var, and have been given your name here today. That is how I know of you. But yes it would be rude, though I sense that you would be one of the few among the Sith to actually think that way. I guess, from your way of seeing others as strong capable warriors or weak minded slugs to squash, you want to know of the worthy's name due to a respectful way or individual code, am I wrong?" Tilting her head to the side, Evy was actually curious. Because if it was the case there was hope. If not she knew where she stood.

"Regarding my name, if you must know… it's Swann... Evelyn Swann."

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:41 pm

Warvanus was not a typical Lord of the Sith, he respected prowess in battle and strength in which he had seen both in the Jedi Grandmaster and of course in his own Emperor. He was not guided by a code of honor, but when he met someone who he considered worthy he wanted to know who they were. An old Tera Kasi proverb bubbled to the surface of the War-Bringer “You Truly Do Not know someone until you fight them” Warvanus remembered it and took the proverb to heart, back when he was still Kell.

A lot of Sith Lords had dual identities their birth self and their rebirth and normally kept them separate, Not Warvanus, his mind was already fractured when he joined the Sith and began his training that what was Kell and what was Warvanus intermingled until they were one and the same, which happened when he was elevated to Lord. He had to give Blood credit there, it was because of him that his memories came back. In his nature his mind was open to Wisdom, and knowledge but he was also ruthless, cold, and without remorse. The closest thing he experienced to remorse was when he murdered Feluela as his sacrifice to the Dark Side. This single action would try to eat away at his subconscious. Maybe this was why he could hear her voice at times. She couldn’t use the Force.

He took the glass of water that was his and drank it, and then refilled his glass as she spoke about Rhen Var. He remembered that fight, he wanted to laugh that anytime the Emperor got a whim and Warvanus assisted that the Jedi would try to overwhelm the pair. He said nothing about the events of Rhen Var, he was surprised that she gave him her name.

Evelyn Swann” he thought to himself no sooner did he think the name that the voice spoke

Kell” the all too familiar distant voice that echoed in his mind. He turned to face Eve and when he did , he did not see Evelyn Swann, he saw Feluela. He blinked, and then turned away to take a drink from his glass. He sat down and when he cast his eyes on Eve again he no longer saw his deceased wife. He would not voice it but he would need to spend time meditating on these events.

Evelyn Swann” he said the name aloud this time “At least I know how to address you now, as opposed to Jedi Scum, Padawan, or Alliance Filth, I’d rather use names here, however Let me be the first to welcome you to Ziost, I mean you should consider yourself fortunate If you were turned over to another Sith Lord , I am sure Blood would have devoured you, or if the High Priest had you would probably strip your humanity away” he shivered inwardly at some of the things the High Priest was capable of “Or if you were in the presence of the Emperor himself” He was lying of course if she was in the presence of the Emperor he would behave almost similarly. He was brutish but it was part of his wiring. He also was a seeker of knowledge and never discounted where those nuggets would arise. Yes she was most fortunate to be in the presence of the Bloody Right Hand of the Emperor.

So let’s get to know each other better yes?” he said “I will start with a question, you will answer it and then you will ask me a question” He pursed his lips a moment before asking the first of what he knew to be many questions

What was your mission before you came to know the Kings in Yellow?” He was referring to the unit that captured her.
Darth Warvanus
=The Warrior King=
=The War Bringer=-