Thoughts and Suggestions...

Where the staff of Sithlore will post announcements relating to the forum and also where you can ask them any questions you may have regarding Sithlore.
Ben Kenobi
Staff

Re: Thoughts and Suggestions...

Post by Ben Kenobi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 pm

Appreciate the suggestions on the prompt.

The vague idea behind the Writing Prompt is how it was designed. To break up in-character situations while still providing an entertaining method of Roleplay.

The prompts, in that regard, will not be changing. Thanks.

Now get out there and grind out a Prompt reply! Let's see your entries!

Luckur Dreiger
Registered Member

Post by Luckur Dreiger » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Ben Kenobi wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm
Excuse me Luckur. But Slade was trying to be helpful by directing to the meat and potatoes behind the Writing Prompt idea. Information is often the best ammunition. There is no need to be rude about it. Leave the pointed talk out please.

Thanks.
2.5 weeks ago you said you would be reviewing the suggestions and posting a reply.

Silence.

I call someone out for a pointless post.

Instant reply.

Shows where the priority is. This place is already almost impossible to break into a join, this isn't making it any better. Good luck and have fun as your game slowly rots away.

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:28 am

Thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Jacobi Wylcott

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:40 am

Lol dude. Licker. Don't like us? Sry

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, btw this banner holonet-f22/has-it-been-20-years-yet-t1056.html is hanging on the door.

Instead of day 1 bashing everything about SL and then taking your impatience out on staff and other members why don't you just go out there and have fun? Its freeform RP. If you want a rigid platform game try monopoly.

Relax.

Dastan Imatari

Post by Dastan Imatari » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 am

He's not wrong. Coming in a little hot? Yeah. But wrong? I don't really think so.
Jacobi Wylcott wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:40 am
Lol dude. Licker. Don't like us? Sry
Okay take it easy there geriatric dognuts. You aren't as clever with that little jab as you think. Accelerant on the flame. "If you don't like it, leave" is exactly the vibe this place has. You're helping prove the point.

Guys. I've given this place a lot of my free time. I know this is literally just a hobby. A small one at that. But. I've given a lot of suggestions and have consistently been met with little to no real response.

I have come to a realization that this place is not going to change. guess I'm a slow learner.

I've tried to recruit. Truly. It's a free form star wars roleplay with some systems in place to feel like some wheel is spinning when you try to do something. But it's really hard to promote a site where the infrastructure has not been touched in half a decade.

Really it has some charm. A small tightly knit group. But mostly, the biggest thing about SithLore is how long it's been around.

The admins, as much as I love Sal, the dude's got a lot going on... and I to this day have only interacted with Jay vicariously one time through the podcast like 5 years ago. Which was also the last time the sites guts have been looked at or touched. I literally never saw him even say hello in the discord.

I've always been a person who has perception in mind when it comes to communities, and have been an adult working in a career long enough to realize that if I can't do something reliably, I should hand that off to other folks who can pioneer it better. Just seems like a hard stop in communications top down. I liked where things were going five years ago when there were some neat things on the roadmap. Clearly the architecture of the place is dead, and the rest of the team is happy just keeping to the status quo. I'm honestly surprised the site is still paid for.

I always equate SithLore to being like a townie bar. It's the same folks hanging around in a town that nothing ever really happens in, because the stakes are low. Same staff, some on the payroll who are just around to shoot the [censored] with other old timers or spout random nonsense, and others doing most of the visible work. Same old timers talking about the past, and same regulars coming in for the "usual" orders. Newcomers come and go just as quickly, and some old timers like to come back to reminisce for a few days before going back on their way. If they ask for something new on tap- they'll talk to management who doesn't actually care, or don't want to put in the effort to make new business appealing. Because it truly is not.

I don't think I had any grandiose ideas of Sithlore ever being a bustling hive of activity, but at least having a community and it's staff caring or passionate enough to want something better every now and again. A small rewarded staff run RP event(shouldn't staff want to promote this stuff, and help, rather than say "we'll do more if it works"..?) A little store update. A new ship in the SLIU. Just.... Anything.

I'm not perfect by any means. Faaaar from it. I know my thoughts and opinions are certainly not the end-all-be-all. But i just guess I assumed I'd at least get some sort of reaction when prodding with some thoughts and ideas. And while this original post might have been my first or second actual post on the forum about suggestions/whatever- I have had countless discussions with folks in the discord about stuff like this.

Just like those, though, I'm sure this will very likely go in one ear and out the other. If the community is happy where it is, and doesn't think it needs improvement, that's fine. Who am I to tell people how to have fun writing fanfiction/roleplay?

I suppose I was just hoping things would want to evolve. Maybe I just want something different than this site can offer.

I've joined, left, came back, left, and returned again. Each time I've left (save for the hiatus when I got married in 2015), it's been for separate but similar reasons. . . Now I think it's time to close the door again. Permanently this time.

There's a lot of love I have for some of you. Others I'm sure will feel no love lost when I leave yet again. Shrugging thinking "well there he goes again". And that's fine.

I only hope there's some thought put into the reasoning. If only for the future possible members of the site.

May the force be with you, always.

Zechs Merquise

Post by Zechs Merquise » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Ya know. I don’t like commenting like this, but...

Sirs, there’s a pandemic on. Everyone here is an adult with jobs and families. Ben told you’d he’d get back. He will. Not one of the staff is a “oh just tell them something to shut them up and move on” people, but you have to realize you posted a lot. Takes time for them to discuss and come up with how they wish to reply as a team. And it ain’t gonna change anything instantly. Dast, you know this.

Yeah, maybe a post saying “we haven’t forgotten about this” would be nice. Or a word on discord. Sure. Same with a polite nudge on y’all’s part asking for an update. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s been a long COVID year, and I know everyone is stressed and dealing with a lot. But Dast, you know Ben has it on his list. Dude ain’t no slacker.

SL changes very slowly. They don’t do things rashly. The system works as is. It’s not perfect but it works.

Changes need to be discussed. Wording debated. Maybe tried out.

SL don’t do anything fast.

Sucks to see anyone go, but peace out. Have a good one.

Jacobi Wylcott

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Take care. And I do sincerely mean... good luck.

Dastan Imatari

Post by Dastan Imatari » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 am

Zechs Merquise wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:54 pm
Ya know. I don’t like commenting like this, but...

Sirs, there’s a pandemic on. Everyone here is an adult with jobs and families. Ben told you’d he’d get back. He will. Not one of the staff is a “oh just tell them something to shut them up and move on” people, but you have to realize you posted a lot. Takes time for them to discuss and come up with how they wish to reply as a team. And it ain’t gonna change anything instantly. Dast, you know this.

Yeah, maybe a post saying “we haven’t forgotten about this” would be nice. Or a word on discord. Sure. Same with a polite nudge on y’all’s part asking for an update. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s been a long COVID year, and I know everyone is stressed and dealing with a lot. But Dast, you know Ben has it on his list. Dude ain’t no slacker.

SL changes very slowly. They don’t do things rashly. The system works as is. It’s not perfect but it works.

Changes need to be discussed. Wording debated. Maybe tried out.

SL don’t do anything fast.

Sucks to see anyone go, but peace out. Have a good one.
Logged in on a whim before I deactivated my SLIU accounts. Surprised to see replies!... Then... Unsurprised to see them being mostly unsubstantial and partially dismissive or passive aggressive.

I absolutely mentioned posting this in the discord. Also it's only a courtesy to remind the staff to be staff. The temple is advertised as a place the staff goes. Just assumed it's part of being staff to check. Even Ben mentioned it was embarrassing no one had posted anything until he did.

I had a long meticulously crafted post, but timed out as I kept doing other things in between writing, and forgot the cardinal rule of writing in a doc before pasting here. . . Anywho.

The only major thing I agree with in your post is that sithlore moves slow. Sure that's fine. I never suggested immediate returns by any stretch. I feel I've been rather reasonable. (Ha. Don't we all feel we are reasonable?).... But what I have been met with since posting is kind of my issue: Just scraping by with trying to keep the status quo and waving a flimsy "20 years" banner. Among other things.

Sithlore has nothing else to offer me, and I'll reflect GD's comment to the community as a whole- "and I do sincerely mean... Good luck" with the future if this place.

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Locked.