The Chase - Race Mini-Game Trial Run

Here the great wars of the galaxy are won and lost, planets conquered and attacks repelled. The fate of the galaxy resides, herein...
Solle Ozrok
Registered Member

Re: The Chase - Race Mini-Game Trial Run

Post by Solle Ozrok » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Ozrok plays in!

Mind if i acquire slot 5?

*Insert Ozrok title card here*

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 pm

All spots are filled! I will post initial positions tonight and we'll get started!

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 am

Okay! We're off to the races!

I've ordered everyone by highest initial position to lowest initial position. Imagine now that the race has just begun and we're all jockeying for position. There's a couple pack leaders, a group of racers right behind them, and a few stragglers.

At all times, the higher the position, the better!

Now it's up to you to choose what your commands are. If you want to take a shot at some of the pack leaders or anyone who is neck and neck with you, then attack and make sure you let me know who your target is! If you want to accelerate and try to catch up to the front of the pack, send an acceleration order. If you're in the bottom four in position, there is no acceleration penalty for accelerating twice in the same turn. All else, you lost 1 HP. Remember, your orders are to be kept secret at all times, except for when you tell me privately via forum PM or Discord DM what your orders are. You get to choose two orders each round.

One final thought, if you Attack and Defend in the same turn, you're not going to increase position. Food for thought.

One question I do have, and perhaps this is where we can brainstorm; how do we determine how to break ties for bottom four in position after we determine initial position? If someone is tied, I just list them based on available HP, with higher HP being ahead in position. If their HP is the same, though, I just went alphabetical order for this initial position. Perhaps we take XP into account at that point when position and HP are the same, with the higher XP individuals technically ahead? Let me know your thoughts! That's why we're doing this test session. Thanks!

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:03 am

I think the way I see it right now, Corran, Dastan, and I should be able to accelerate twice with no penalty, since we're all tied for last. Tell me if I'm thinking of this incorrectly.

Also! Do you prefer if I post the screen grab from the spreadsheet, or the list format? I could do both.

Zechs Merquise

Post by Zechs Merquise » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:39 pm

If I read that right, I’d say if your in the same position, health should break the tie. By default that includes XP when it was initially set. Maybe if there still is a tie, it could be a simple coin flip to see who edges out of it.

A screenshot of a spreadsheet is fine to me.
Dealing ducks since whales became improbable.

🌺 🐳

Zechs Merquise

Post by Zechs Merquise » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Can toss in a weather factor over all the rolls. Obstacles on different legs with a similar blanket effects. Spice for da rps.
Dealing ducks since whales became improbable.

🌺 🐳

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:32 am

Please note that I have substituted Dastan out for Salem.

Waiting on orders from Sal.

Colton Hunter

Post by Colton Hunter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 pm

I vanish in the jump between boards, and I miss all the fun... I'll definitely be interested in a future one, methinks.