Storm's Silence

The wintry home of the Jedi Enclave. Cut off from the galaxy at large, Permafrost's location ensures that the Jedi plans for the restoration of galactic peace and order are put on ice.
Ben Kenobi
Staff

Storm's Silence

Post by Ben Kenobi » Wed May 26, 2021 3:21 pm

***Jedi Medical Frigate Absolution***

Roughly two weeks had passed since the nasty situation on Lothal and now aboard the Jedi’s Medical Frigate, it was time to crack open the bacta tank which had held Kyr’amur Null. His vitals were shaky but stable. Quite frankly he was in no condition to fight again but was indeed able to speak and talk freely. A perfect opportunity to let the Zabrak out of his shell and try to talk some sense into him now that he had seen literally what Silas Karn or rather the Sovereign was capable of. If Kyr could be turned to their side, he would make an incredible asset to the Alliance. Not as much the Jedi. But to the Alliance he would be a force to be reckoned with and while it was not necessarily the business of the Jedi Coalition to be a recruiter for the Galactic Alliance, the question of what to do with the prisoner was blatant.

They could toss him to the wolves at Belsavis or Oovo IV or they could try and turn him to the Alliance’s cause and maybe he could do some good, possibly redeem him entirely. The hope was what drove the Jedi to their decision to hold Kyr’amur instead of turning him over to the Alliance. If Kyr was going to be turned, it would be isolated and it would be here.

Ben Kenobi had recovered from his mauling at the hands of Null. He was still sore but fully capable of keeping the hulking monster at bay now that he was nearly crippled. The Jedi Master nodded at the technician and the process was begun.

Kyr’amur Null’s system was pumped with a revitalizing cocktail to wake him up from his restorative comatose state and once his vitals were confirmed stabilized the fluid from the tank was slowly drained. It took several minutes to do so and in that time Kyr was given leave to view his surroundings. Antarian Rangers all in full combat attire surrounded the Medical Bay. Four Jedi Knights and Ben Kenobi were present in the same medical ward as Kyr’s bacta tank. The room had been vacated of all medical instruments that Kyr may have used as weapons. The situation for the Zabrak was made clear. He was not going to get away and he was going to listen. Otherwise he was going back to sleep and he would be waking up in an Alliance Prison Complex.

Now with the tank drained completely the doorway was opened and Kyr was disengaged from the hoses and tubes that pumped him full of chemicals and stimulants in order to save his life after being hit with a bolt of lightning. Ben stood before him, his arms cross over his chest.

“Mr. Null.” The Jedi greeted him. “How are you feeling?”

Ranah Jansen
Registered Member

Re: Storm's Silence

Post by Ranah Jansen » Wed May 26, 2021 4:10 pm

=Jedi Medical Frigate Absolution=

Ranah was in her quarters sitting on the cot that served as her bed, cross-legged hands in her lap , with her eyes closed, she was meditating. She had found it difficult on this ship but she was if anything persistant. As she would often meditate she would extend her feelings and touch the Force, and as often she would extend her awareness, she could feel the life on this ship bustling with their assigned tasks and duties. The currents of the Force were swirling like a maelstrom. She could feel them, one thing was clear to her was that she was getting better at this exercise.

She had been requested to come aboard she was not told in what capacity or even why but this had been the wish of the council and who was she to go against them she did not understand the request but there was a lot she did not understand.

Understanding is not a requisite for compliance” her old CO used to say

So she obeyed she had not been given a task so she would spend the time she had in meditation and study. She took every opportunity to practice what she had learned.

Aliclair Austjor
Registered Member

Post by Aliclair Austjor » Thu May 27, 2021 5:38 am

Through shut eyes, and meditating, Aliclair sat in her room. She meditated patience, time and the process of healing. Footsteps broke her from her concentration and she glanced back to see her Master Kenobi at her door. She'd stand, and listen to what he had to say. Curiosity picked her chest, and she wanted to accompany him on this negotiation. As they walked, Ali slid her hands within her sleeves, and engaged in light banter with her Master. She would be fine. She'd heal. It just took time, and while that was a limited resource, she and Ben made it work. He wasn't heartless throughout her process; he helped her out the rut and took careful steps. But, she corrected him when he became too tender. The training she endured, it wasn't in vain.

Her eyes scanned the medical room they walked into and then her optics spotted the target in question, and her steps halted as Ben continued to walk forward. Ali froze, darken flashes hitting her memory banks; she swallowed dryly, gaining up behind Ben. And stayed behind him. This healing process sure was a long one... The she-padawan wanted to be at her Master's side, just like before. And if it hurt to do so than so be it.

Now, this process wasn't about her, but about this... Mr. Null. "What a strange last name." she thought with a raised eyebrow. Her eyes scanned the Zabrak in full. It was strange to be around her kind once more after barely seeing them after leaving home; it caused to stasis nerves to melt, but she never left from behind Ben; if anything, she felt like this was a proper standing to be. With four other Knights accompanying this room, she knew they could probably do more to protect themselves and eachother better than she could.

Kyramur Null
Registered Member

Post by Kyramur Null » Sat May 29, 2021 1:06 am

Unlike in holovids and other forms of entertainment, the exit from weeks of stasis in a bacta tank and being fed only from nutrients in tubes, was not a smooth one. Aside from his injuries, which had been considerable, his body and strength suffered from the time spent immobile. And so, rather than standing in a grand, noble, defiant fashion as would be expected were it a movie, Kyr spent much of the first few minutes coughing as his body readjusted to consciousness, and his mind situated itself. He was-with care and caution-helped into a seat and covered with a blanket.

Not that this did much-his injuries were clear to any with eyes to see. The bolt had severely burned not only his skin but had scarred many of his internal organs as well. The pain of simply breathing was enough for the moment, never mind fighting.

And yet, through it all, Kyr'amur Null was still dangerous.

His eyes flitted about, judging distance, time to escape, hunting for a weapon-it was a greatly intelligent move to have cleaned the room of medical instruments, and to keep well away from the Zabrak at all times, lest he lunge for a means of defense.

Eventually, his eyes adjusted fully, and they met the old Jedi Master's as his ears heard the words.

He smiled sardonically. "I am well, Master Kenobi. Though I think part of my left dorsal horn may have broken off in your kidney. If you'll lend me a scalpel, I'll gladly retrieve it." He finished with a growl.

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Sun May 30, 2021 1:22 am

Out of complete reflex. Ben likely did not even know he did it. His arms uncrossed and lowered to cover his abdomen while clasping his left hand overtop of the right forearm where Kyr had nearly shattered the arm in a single strike. Being weeks apart, these wounds had healed but were still a bit tender. The wound in question, he had been nearly gored by Kyr’amur’s horns and one had broken off just as he had mentioned. Though the surgery to remove the article had already taken place and the scaring was but a fresh pink on his front.

But Ben would not rise to the bait offered by the Warrior of Iridonia. To work in defense, even verbally, with this man was to invite an opening in which the Zabrak would take full advantage of. Instead of biting, Ben merely smiled in return. “It was an educational moment I won’t soon forget.”

Defusing the advance, the Jedi moved on. “I will not toy with you. Nor will I waste your time. And I will absolutely not lie to you, Mr. Null.” Ben took a breath, a deep one and exhaled with a sharp pain accompanying the gesture. His facial expression did not break thankfully, had Kyr seen the momentary weakness he may have attacked. Or at least this is what Ben anticipated his actions to be.

“The Alliance is being battered by the Sith Order. Badly. And we need your help.” He let the words stew a moment to gauge Kyr’s reaction. He half expected the Zabrak to mock him or burst out in an I told you so moment of laughter. “You alone have the gritty experience and know-how to combat these people. I’m not talking about the Sith themselves. The Jedi and the Sith have been fighting for millennia. I’m talking about their aggressive maneuvers and scorched earth tactics. You were the Company Commander of Omega Company. You can stem this tide we face.”

Another brief pause. “We do not expect your help just because we say please. But I ask you to look at the facts. The man you once served, Silas Karn, is now the High Priest of the Sith, an organization headed by Darth Tormentous… the single most dangerous threat to the known Galaxy since the Yuuzhan Vong Wars. You were there when he burned Pandath and you were there on Coruscant when Tormentous bombed the city and set the Imperial Palace ablaze. You know what he is capable of.” Indeed, Kyr’amur had served as the Executor of the Empire during these times and had seen the fires and heard the screams of the innocent personally. “Tormentous does not discriminate. And he does not stop. Right now the Empire is engaged in treaties and ceasefire agreements, they will not be fighting the Sith anytime soon. Sovereign is one of them now. I know you have no love for the Alliance and I’m not asking you to. But we are asking you to fight the Sith, and we’ll make sure you get whatever you need to do that.”

“If you’ll join this fight. I cannot offer you a pardon. But I can ensure that you aren’t sent to a prison and instead you are released to go your own way.”

Aliclair Austjor
Registered Member

Post by Aliclair Austjor » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:55 am

Aliclair continued to watch the much larger male. He finally woke, then sat up, and a gentle grip on Ben's sleeve found its way. She offered him a glare, not knowing what was to come. The unknown path before them caused the feminine to be jittery, similar to how she felt during her mission with the Warhead.

When he spoke of harming her Master, she offered an audible growl. "I'd like to see you try." she said out of instinct, her free hand gripping into a clenched fist. and even moving up to stand next her Ben. Still at a huge disadvantage, Mr. Null wasn't afraid to spat hot words. But even downhill, he could probably fight his way through the four Jedi Master, then between him and Ali, with her senses scrambled, he could easily push past her. However, just as he was boasting, she could talk words too. The only difference is that the male Zabrak could back them up.

She'd listen to what her Master had to say, but her valiant gaze never left Kyr’amur Null. She was watching his ever move, everything and anything that could possibly cause her to push in and defend her Master and the fellow Jedi. Though, in the back of her mind, she figured they could defend themselves better than she could. That didn't stop her, however.

Kyramur Null
Registered Member

Post by Kyramur Null » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:40 am

When the little one spoke, for a moment, all Kyr could do was stand silently.

And then, for the first time in perhaps a year, he spread his teeth in a grim approximation of a smile, pointed teeth showing.

"Your new apprentice, Kenobi? She has spirit..if not wisdom."

Then his smile was replaced with a look of grim reflection.

"True, I remember well the horrors Tormentous inflicted on the Empire. But why ask for my help? I imagine there are still many of them that would welcome a chance to have a reckoning with me. And what's more than that, what makes you think I would fight Lord Silas? He was my friend, my comrade in arms. Even if he's changed, he's done more for me than you or the Alliance ever have."

More than a challenge, it was a test-how would Kenobi react at the slight jab at his Apprentice? And how would he go about convincing Kyr that Silas had truly changed?

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:11 am

Ben nodded in agreement, "Her spirit does her credit and she shares wisdom's quarter. Her name is Aliclair, and right now she has done more to fight the Sith and their treachery than you have, Mr. Null." Ben carefully grabbed one of her hands and lifted it to show Kyr'amur her palm, it was scarred badly from deep lacerations won in battle against a Sith Acolyte on Malastare. "Yet she still stands and fights because no one else will..." Ben released Aliclair's hand, "...the same reason I'm asking you now. Because no one else will. We need able bodied men to fight these monsters and you are counted among the best ever trained from Cardia Academy."

"There are not many places you can go that do not know the name Kyr'amur Null. To go on without acknowledging your abilities and skill would be foolish. I'm not asking you to forget where you came from or to forget your allies. But I am asking you to take a stand and fight the Sith, and with the Alliance we'll be putting you right in the thick of things."

Ben took a step back, he was nearing the end of his plea. He did not really have anywhere else to go from here. If Kyr'amur did not accept the request then there was nothing left to be done and he would be returned to the bacta tank for further healing and sent to an Alliance Penal Colony to serve whatever prison sentence the Alliance had in mind for a well known Imperial.

But should he accept and decide to side with the Alliance then if was reflective of many times in the past where the Alliance would overlook one man's past to allow him to build a future. "Silas Karn is alive and he's within Sovereign somewhere. I'm not asking you to fight Silas. I'm asking you to save him."

"Kyr, he's in trouble. His soul is in a battle between Light and Dark. The man you once knew was not what I had considered a good man but he was most certainly not evil. The Sovereign, whom he calls himself now, is a dark figure shrouded by his own selfish desires and he wants only to see the Galaxy burn. You, Kyr, are a key to his past that can act as a waypoint... an anchor... to call him home. To rescue his soul before it is too late."

Ben shook his head, "The Empire will likely not afford you that opportunity. They would rather see him hang for being in league with Tormentous. The Alliance, they just want him stopped and if that means his defeat or his redemption, they'll take either one."

He paused a grand moment to let his words really sink in. "Silas has done more for you than the Alliance and I will ever do. This is your chance to repay him and bring him back from the brink of insanity. He's lost everything, he's in freefall right now... he needs someone who is his friend to catch him."

Aliclair Austjor
Registered Member

Post by Aliclair Austjor » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:22 pm

Aliclair's eyebrows knitted further to offer a scowling look when he stood. Her gaze followed until her head needed to tilt up to keep contact with him. In the back of her mind, intimidation ringed. He was much bigger than her; stronger. But, she'd faced the belly of the Beast without death so nothing could truly scare her now. Ben grabbing her hand broke her lock stare off Kyr, her hand resisting his guide at first but it relaxed once it realized it was Ben grabbing her hand. While healed and functioning, it left scars that reminded her of what she fought. And why she fought. That she would never stop fighting. The scar symbolized that even at a huge disadvantage, she won. When Ben released her hand, she took a moment to look at the scar, and trailed her thumb over it, then down to her bandaged wrists.

"Wise..? Stepping up to defend someone I care about is wise?" she thought with a quirked eyebrow. Offering the larger Zabrak her gaze once more, it was less hostile, gentler. If he were to be allied with the Jedi, the GA, she'd need to show that even those of darker background can be brought into the light. She wanted to say something to back up her Master, but what could be said? This Silas seemed to mean something. Comrades in arms..

"And.. if you gave the Alliance a chance? Of course Silias would help you. You're an asset. It's more, benefitable to help you. For many reasons. I mean, look at you. You're beastly. Deadly. And you're friends? Forget about it." Ali started. "If what my Master's right then he's just, lost. In oblivion; that is not a good place to be. Since he's helped you countless times, wouldn't you want to the same in his most vulnerable time?" She asked with a quirked eyebrow. Bonds like this, they had their limits. "You're straight-headed, unlike most. And you've got a sort of relationship with Silas. So, you can save yourself and him. Two for one."

Kyramur Null
Registered Member

Post by Kyramur Null » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:11 am

Redemption. It was something that had happened to Kyr before in his life. The Empire had given his violence direction, meaning.

Could he do the same for Silas?

He didn't know.

But he had to try.

With a sigh, he rolled his head, popping sounds reverberating as the joints cracked.

"Very well, Master Kenobi. I'll agree to your offer on one condition-amnesty for the duration of my service. I don't ask to become a citizen of the Alliance, but if and when matters are concluded...I will go my own way. If the Alliance still has a grudge to settle, it can be settled after Lord Silas is dealt with, one way or the other. If we can capture or turn him, so be it. If not, I will end him. The man he was would not want to live as the man he is."

Eyes steady, he held out one massive hand, offering to seal the bargain.