Concerning Sword Lore....

With Korriban, the ancient home world of the Sith, destroyed, the Sith Order have retreated to the sanctuary of the frozen realm of Zoist.
Kell Sangros

Concerning Sword Lore....

Post by Kell Sangros » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:04 pm

=Moraband=

The Magnetar arrived to the Sith world, the seat of power as it were. Shortly after the Heavy Naga class Dreadnaught returned to real space , a firespray departed heading to the planet. Aboard the Starfighter was Warvanus. The ship made its approach to the Citadel , as it did Warvanus looked down below and could see what was the Valley of the Dark Lords. The Dark Side was still strong here even after four millennia. He breathed in, taking the potentcy of the Dark Side into him.

Making final approach” one of the troopers reported ,

Warvanus turned his attention to the viewport where the massive majestic yet sinister fortress stood. It was inviting but it was also menacing. The Dark Side was not for the weak. The ship landed and Warvanus disembarked. Shortly after the ship reascended to return to the Magnetar.

Warvanus began his walk. He was here with a purpose. He had studied much in the way of lore taken secrets from the Force. He had grown powerful and knowledgeable, He studied styles of fighting and war, and now he sought a new vein of knowledge. In times of old, Sith would use Lightsabers, and Swords, he knew that some had used materials that would withstand a lightsaber, they were the mighty titans of the Sith Order but now they were gone, he had sought the Archives for lore on sword making and he had come up with little. He would use the archives here and he would consult his Master.

Tormentous had forged his own blade. If any living Sith had a working knowledge it was him. Before seeking the archives he would seek an audience with the Dark Lord. The man was the mightiest among the Sith, he was also wise, and had also shown Warvanus the path to power he had started him on the dark path. A Path he followed with no regrets. He was Sith. When he approached the entrance to the throne room , two heavily armored figures guarded the doorway. There were no words spoken, no force tricks, the guards stood aside to admit the War-Bringer. Even in these hallowed halls the name Warvanus carried weight and respect and even his own level of reverence. All that were bestowed upon him by his deeds and battles and because of the Dark Lord Himself.

The doors parted with a loud groan, the solid metal doors probably laced with Cortosis Ore and Beskar he stepped through and made his way into the throne room. There on his throne was Tormentous, in all his dark glory. He knew he was here he had sensed him probably from before he disembarked. He would hide nothing from Tormentous. He considered himself his living vessel, his wrath, his executioner. He took a couple more steps closer to the throne and bent his knee and head in reverence for the one who sat on the Sith throne.

My Lord and Master” Warvanus said while genuflecting
===========================================
Lord Warvanus
=Sith Lord=
-=The War Bringer=-
-=Master of the Warhound Battlegroup=-

Jacobi Wylcott

Re: Concerning Sword Lore....

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:55 am

In the time since Tormentous had resumed his rightful place upon the Throne of Skulls, he had not been complacent and rarely had he the time to actually sit and idle. Even when he held the moments of quiet he denied it. He had since devoted himself to the furtherance of not only himself - but the Sith Empire as a whole. Study and research had become second nature and even right now he served the Order of the Sith as it served him.

While apparently he sat in absolute silence it was his mind that was by far and gone into the depths of the Force. Deep meditation as he sought to unlock the secrets of a technique useful in the observation of visions of the future.

Such a task was by and large massively taxing and he welcomed the disturbance in the Force that had come with the arrival of his Warhound. No sooner had Warvanus set his boot upon the landing pad of the fortress had Tormentous felt his presence. Perhaps he would have sensed the arrival far sooner but his attention had been elsewhere and so the War-Bringer would receive no fanfare - not that Warvanus was overly amused by such mundane scenes but Tormentous saw it as the right of a Sith Lord to be recognized and he indeed demanded a return to the day in which a Force Sensitive Lord of the Sith was to be treated as royalty and for good reason - they were the masters of the Empire and they brooked no allowance otherwise.

From the moment the War-Bringer strode forth from the Firespray did the Dark Lord of the Sith commence the long process of pulling his mind back from the meditations he was in and by the time the warrior had arrived at the throne room and fell to one knee in respect, finally did the Dark One’s eye snap open to the arrival’s voice.

It took several moments for the discomfort of the Force’s presence to fade from his mind and once the pain was bearable again he properly acknowledged Warvanus.

“Rise,” he commanded without doubt that the man before him was worthy to stand tall and with a straight back, “Lord Warvanus, you’ve traveled long.” He took a low breath as his metallic voice growled in bass tones, “Come.”

The Dark One stood from the throne so adorned with the skulls of his most feared champions and reviled enemies alike - he stepped away from it but not before his right hand grasped the leather bound hilt tasked with silver threaded wire of Jidai Maras itself. An echo of sinister laughter cackled into the night as the Dark Side enjoyed the touch of the Dark One to the Sword of Damnation. The feeling of his nerves electrifying in agony shot through his arm and into his shoulder. He had to grit his teeth against the pain but he did so as he’d done so many times before and with a singular motion he swept it around and clasped it to the sheath upon his back. Part of him was thankful to release it once in place. Yet he said nothing and took broad steps to the side passages of the throne room.

They walked in silence for many moments. There was much to be said but even more to reflect upon in that very silence in which they walked. Moments like these, they did not come often and so they were reserved well.

Across the length of the fortress they moved until they arrived at the ‘rear’ of the structure where they approached a vast balcony overlooking a training square easily large enough to fit a thousand men in ranked formation. There before the two stood twenty humanoid beings standing rock still. Warvanus would know these men and women as one of the first of the graduating classes produced by the Sith Academy since Tormentous’ return. He would also know that they were currently enduring their final trial - the test of loyalty and endurance.

“This is the final day.” His metallic chime commented. These twenty were standing in their spots for the last one hundred and sixty-six hours. They had lasted through everything the Academy could throw at them and now for the last seven days they were enduring with absolute discipline, their final hours before becoming Sith Warriors. They were the finest batch to come through the Academy in years - not a single one of them had given in and moved which would forfeit the trial. Such was their dedication and devotion to their Lord, Darth Tormentous, who had commanded they remain so.

After momentarily admiring them for a while, he turned to view Warvanus. “When you return to the Magnetar, bring ten of these warriors with you. From among them you may choose an apprentice should you desire though it is not necessary. The more capable warriors that our fleets can field, the stronger grasp among the stars our hand may see.” He turned back to view his hosted initiates for a while though soon enough he could sense that Warvanus had something deep on his mind. He was seeking something. Unwilling to waste his pupil’s time he spoke once again.

“What has brought you to Moraband, Lord Warvanus?”

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 pm

They both rose at the same time and as Warvanus rose his eyes darted to the fearsome Jidai Maras, He had never lusted after the weapon not like Blood had and Force knows who else. For all his knowledge he knew the mighty weapon was bound to his Master and its loyalty would never shift, and knowing this it could never fully corrupt him. He walked in step with the Emperor.

They walked in silence Master and Apprentice, despite all his growing knowledge and power in the Dark Side he still had much to learn, only a fool thought they knew it all. He had never been told but the War-Bringer had no doubt that the glorious Emperor still sought to grab secrets from the Dark Side and claim them as his own. The Sith were undergoing a change, one that he had a role in, from keeping Tormentous hidden until his power returned to his role now. Though if asked he would not deny the role he had in keeping him alive. He would’nt view it as something to boast about but considered it a great honor that he had gotten to serve in this matter.

They stopped at the balcony where the twenty humanoids stood. He listened as his Master explained who they were and their significance. The first batch of hopefuls who would serve the Red Cauldron. He remembered reading texts where Sith Masters would make hopefuls stand perfectly still for hours even days with promises of elevation and prestige only the truth was it amused Sith Masters of old. He knew this was not the case with Tormentous, he did not waste time on such frivolities or useful resources. “This is the Final Day” he had said as he spoke he looked at the future of their order, their Empire. He said in an almost state of awe.

It will be Glorious, the first class of a new breed of potential Sith, they will serve you well Master

He then turned as his Master spoke. He was giving him half of the first class, He bowed his head, he was honored that he would have his pick. Kinta Vetasa was close to being elevated to a full Sith Lord not only for her role in Tormentous’ re-ascendancy but the way she had lead the Krath and her growing power in the dark side. It was time to add a few apprentices to study at his feet.

I am honored Master, they will serve us well” He studied the group for a few moments before the question of his arrival came up. He turned back to face his Master.

“I seek knowledge, as you know Sith Lords of old did not use exclusively lightsabers but also Sith swords, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos to name a few, through the ages alot of that lore had been lost, but yet you yourself forged and made Jidai Maras, what brings me here Master is I wish to learn this lore so that I may forge my own blade.” He paused then continued

I have searched through the Sith Archives, my own library and have found little to none. I even had sent out agents to go to worlds like Onderon, and worlds with a history of our order in hopes of finding a small nugget, and have come up empty. The blade I wish to forge is one that our enemies will come to recognize and fear. I recently have learned the lore of Dark Side Alchemy as well as Sith Sorcery through my own study” He then reached and took out a red gemstone it pulsed as if it had a life of its own, Dark power radiated from it “I imbued this with the Dark Side and wish to set it into my blade” The gemstone rested in his palm so if Tormentous wished to examine it closer that he could.
Lord Warvanus
=Sith Lord=
-=The War Bringer=-

Jacobi Wylcott

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:06 am

He spoke the name of his sword and the Dark One instantly felt the itch to draw it and bask in the glory of such a helblade. Refusing its temptation brought a pang of being left wanting and even the sword itself was left displeased, whispers echoed in his mind of the lost souls and he sneered them away to return to the moment. Turning away from the balconies’ edge he looked upon the Lord of the Warhound.

“A Sword of the Sith is not for the faint of will and poor of heart.” He paused and stared upon the War-Bringer for some moments and nodded but once. “You would wield a blade well. I could think of none other that is more worthy to take up iron in his hand to rend the foe asunder.”

With his judgement cast there was nothing more to say of the matter. The Darth was fully willing to grant his ally such secretive knowledge and he would leave none out - even then he would give insight in which to improve on his own technique. But there was much to be done here and Tormentous wasn’t known for his patience. They needed to get started immediately. Though impatient as he was he paused once again and accepted the beautiful gemstone from Warvanus. Examining it in his hand for a moment he could see not only the refined talent it had taken to carve this stone’s edges but the time it had taken in its creation and even furthermore he could sense the stone’s own latent energy - it was quite potent - Warvanus had done an exquisite job here.

Tormentous began walking once more with Warvanus in tow. “You do yourself a disservice. I sense you are not sure of yourself in the creation of a Sith War-Blade.” He extended his hand to the side and delivered the stone back to Warvanus. “With craftsmanship such as this I do not doubt you for a moment.” A rare compliment given and he fell silent for the remainder of the walk which took them into Tormentous’ inner sanctum.

The inner sanctum was where Darth Tormentous did his most serious study, research and private work where being bothered would only serve to distract him. It was also a place where he didn’t have to watch his back every moment of every day and night. A massive oak desk sat at the rear on a dais, wood hewn from the trees of Jakelia in the Mandalorian Sector, they were of excellent quality and considered a rarity on a world like this. Upon the desk sat many trinkets, dusty old scrolls and even maps of star systems. Tion was among them.

Behind the desk was the small tower pedestal in which he’d set his holocron. The - now old device - gleaned with a deep red hue and it reacted to his presence, unfolding and showing him images of the thoughts on his mind. They passed just beyond the pedestal to another chamber - a meditation chamber to be exact.

Once sealed within the two Sith Lords looked at one another and Darth Tormentous slowly drew the Blade of Jedi’s Bane. The thick leather hilt creaked under the pressure of his grip and the Dark Side of the Force shook with glee of the connection between the dire sword and the dire Sith. At once on its own it shone with a mirror surface though as soon as he took it up the blade began to react. A cold chill filled the room until their breath ghosted in their exhale. The sword’s shining blade frosted over with hoarfrost and the souls of so many lost screamed in the distance.

Inverting Jidai Maras he then released the sword and held it aloft with a grip of telekinesis. There the sword hovered, slowly spinning in place with now cold air drifting from its surface in a visible white mist.

“Before you gather material you will need to decide on the sword’s image. Be it a single longsword length blade. A double bladed warsword. Or be it as mine own, a hand and a half sword. Or even a greatsword.” He paused as he examined his own blade, still proud in what he had achieved, “This will be the final sword you ever make. See that it fits your personality as much as your personal expertise.”

“The first material thing you will need is sandstone from Moraband. This will bring with it the legacy of the ancient Sith. In each grain you will feel the presence of an age long gone. The portion will have to be exact and you will need much of it. Too much and you threaten to weigh your iron down too much, too little and the very essence of the Dark Side will be lacking. How much to be exact - this you will have to meditate long on.”

“This done, you will need sword steel. The active mines on our worlds of Gala, Lucazec or Vjun are suitable for this. You will require a very large stipend of iron ore from these worlds for you only will desire the finest product and there will be much waste. In my own efforts I took up an entire freighter’s worth of ore - for a single sword and I barely had enough for I would only accept the best of the cache. Obtain ingots in their purest form.”

“Next, there is a key here and you will have to search the depths of your soul to learn them truthfully.” He eyed Warvanus intently, “and you’re not going to like it.”

“You will need three portions of blood. Your own, from the one you hate the most above all, and from the one of whom you love the most - or loved. These three ingredients are crucial to the alchemical portion of the process.” Again he eyed Warvanus, “There can be no exceptions either, you must find these things. If Kell Sangros’ betrothed cannot be used then the blood of her closest kin. I have no doubt that you will find what you seek in your meditations.”

“Next - you will need to choose a location for the forging. Deep within the moon of Yavin IV can be found the sword forge of Exar Kun himself though there is danger in utilizing it for that ancient spirit still dwells within and may try to tamper with your machinations. Secondly he will pester you continuously and his temptations are very real and difficult to overcome. But his forge is of fine operation and I recommend it greatly. This is where Jidai Maras was formed.”

“Once the location and these materials are chosen - go there and see to it that the alchemical brew is to the exact specifications of which I will grant you. Keep the concoction boiling at all times through your own will, use no natural means in this process, only the Dark Side for you are making something that should not be, you must use the power of that which is considered unnatural. You must then go to the forging process. You must turn solid iron into folded steel. Fold it continuously and purify it. Use the most pure steel to form the core of the blade and then when it is ready to he toned in water - you will use the alchemical brew instead. Combined with the sandstone, blood and the steel of the sword you will slowly submerse the blade within all while affecting it with your mind, imbue the blade with the Dark Side itself. Then pull the blade and return to the forge, form the exterior of the blade and fold the steel again to purify it too. Douse the blade many times in the brew and in this final moment draw upon the lessons of Sorcery to tie everything together in its finality.”

“Finally in the end, you will name it and in its name you will give it life and power.”

“This process will not take hours as a blacksmith would hone a longsword. This will take many days and it will test your will at every turn for once you begin the process it cannot cease lest you break the essence of the sword and it will fail to be anointed in the Dark Side. In my case it took six weeks. Depending on the depth of your own process it may be earlier, just as long or even longer. The Dark Side can be fickle, you must commune with it and it will give you the strength to endure.”

With the basic instruction given, he awaited further questions or whatever Warvanus would seek. In every section of spoken word, Warvanus within this chamber would perhaps be able to see the distant memory of which brought the creation of Jidai Maras. Examples of which the War-Bringer would be able to use in the furtherance of his research here.

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 pm

The Judgment laid on the Warhound by the Emperor was final and law as far as the War-Bringer was concerned. He had been deemed worthy He bowed his head in a gesture of gratitude and it pleased him that he had found favor with the returned Emperor. Had he not he would have been killed just for arriving unannounced. Had he not been deemed worthy he would not be given the lore he sought. He followed his Master as they walked as his Master examined his handiwork of the stone at which he had gotten the rare high praise, and considering the source it did not get any better than this. He took the stone and put it back into a pouch on his belt and as they walked again. He pondered on his Master’s words. Was he unsure?

He would not make excuses to his Emperor, if he was unsure it was only because he did not possess yet the knowledge in making a blade worthy of serving not only himself but Tormentous. He nodded, he knew that his Master knew his reasons. Once he had the knowledge he would excel in it as he did everything else.

He entered his inner sanctum and he was in awe of it. He wondered how many beings had the honor of seeing the Emperor’s personal sanctum. He was pretty certain the number was very low. Tormentous honored him with this. He took it all in. The Desk, the holocron, one day he would attempt to build his own. He continued to follow him until they were in his personal meditation chamber. It too looked majestic. If Warvanus did not feel honored by sanctum he was now that he was in the Emperor’s personal meditation chamber. Once sealed within he listened and observed as he drew Jidai Maras. He listened as Tormentous went into the involved ritual in creating such a weapon while he listened he examined the War-Blade. He listened to all that was involved. He knew he was capable of performing this ritual but he would have to prepare first, and as his Master said meditations was the first step. As safely guarded he kept this knowledge so Warvanus would do in kind as well. He did have questions and when his Master was done he asked.

I already have a name for the blade, I will call it Akaan Kuryida” He began and as he said it he knew that his Master would know the meaning of the name as it was in the Mando’a as it translated to “War-Slayer

With the sand from Moraband as you said will connect it to the Ancient Sith, could the same be done with Mandalorian Iron? If I were to be able to secure a quantity of pure Beskar? Could it in theory also invoke the warrior spirits of the Mandalorians? I want this to be a blade of War

he went on explaining that he wanted to have metals from the warrior cultures of the galaxy. He had no intentions of making substitutions It had been part of the reason he went on the pilgrimage and that ultimately led him to Tormentous. There was so many possibilities, but one thing was clear he would need to meditate he did know that the gemstone he had imbued with Darkside Alchemy he had named it the Eye of Akaan. He thought about the forges of Yavin IV he knew of the existence of the one Exar Kun had used.

Was the forge the same one used by Naga Sadow in his experiments when he was stranded on Yavin?” if so that was a very ancient forge, and would suit him just fine. He would probably have even more questions as he studied this ritual in more detail. Even now questions were bubbling to the surface of his mind, but despite this, he knew one thing was certain the more he learned about it, the more convinced that he could do this.
Lord Warvanus
=Sith Lord=
-=The War Bringer=-

Jacobi Wylcott

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 am

He grumbled in thought for a moment. Tormentous lacked the knowledge of the ancient iron of the Mando’ade though Wylcott knew it quite well having toiled in the forges himself to set the slat of his own armor. While he lacked the actual application of the iron, he did maintain the basic knowledge of its rarity and difficulty to utilize with the hammer and anvil. “Your suggestion holds promise.” With that notation he added, “The theory is correct in that such an added element would take the properties of the Mandalorian spirit though it will certainly not be as easy as sand stone from Moraband. I recommend a alchemical mixture of the two. Perhaps two to three parts sand with one part iron from Mandalore. I say this not only for the ease of its smelting for beskar iron cannot be so easily obtained in any quantity and then to lace the blade would prove difficult even for a master swordsmith. Though to mix the quality you will much easier entwine the blade’s steel. Be it known that beskar, phrik and cortosis are not necessary in the Sith Sword to make it resistant to a light weapon.” He pointed a finger to his temple. “It is your strength of will that will grant this property.”

A moment longer he thought on Warvanus’ theory and there was much in the way of merit. “There is also something essential to note. The Mandalorian spirit will not aid you as a Sith spirit would. They are a warrior caste as you know but they are bound to their traditions and their worlds by core values that the Sith lack. Honor plays a large role in their lives and while we practice a sense of honor the Mando’ade worship it. To serve our ways will not sit well with a true Mandalorian spirit. As you combine the finished blade with the spiritual aspect then you must seek not the hardline of their race but those that had allied with the Sith long ago.”

Tormentous shook his head. “Your search will not be an easy one for many of those spirit have gone on by now or have deteriorated among the sands of time. Though they will exist and I feel this is what you should seek.” He drew back and nodded now more confidently. “Which again is why I suggest the mixture for it will grant a sufficient link and your alchemical content and your spiritual content may blend properly with the physical content.”

As time progressed so did the questions and Tormentous was willing to share his knowledge in this. He recalled his foray into the jungles of Yavin IV and the treachery he faced there. Warvanus would not meet the same resistance of assassins though there was the lingering guardian spirits that despised Kun’s lair from being disturbed. Yes - if Warvanus desired to forge his blade here then he would be tested and tried - if he wanted it then he would have to prove to himself that he was mentally strong and steadfast - he would also have to appease the lingering guardians through martial prowess or mental strength.

He nodded, “The forges are the same. I once strode among the great temple of the massassi and you will do as well. You will not find a welcoming scene there as the spiteful remain and will desire to infect you with their essence that they may finally leave that place. You will have to prove yourself superior. I have little doubt that you will. You have been well trained and in the field well proven. They will suffer for their insolence though you should not let your guard down for they are Sith and will employ every deception to gain your blind eye to their will.”