Friend or Foe?

With Korriban, the ancient home world of the Sith, destroyed, the Sith Order have retreated to the sanctuary of the frozen realm of Zoist.
Kita_Ikari

Friend or Foe?

Post by Kita_Ikari » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:01 am

After being reunited with Jacobi and starting her apprenticeship with Lord Tormentous, Kita went out looking for Mercy aboard the Harbringer. The last time the two had spoken, she noticed how odd Mercy had been acting about the force users within the Sith. From what Kita remembered the woman had never acted that way before. So what change in the past year had happened since she had been gone that caused Mercy to be so flighty?

Passing through the halls, the grunts and staff alike had just started to hear the news of the Sith Lord taking on Kita as his new apprentice. It hadn't been more then hours later that the information had started to spread within the workings of the Sith. They parted the halls as she past, Kita looking rather confused at first to the fear and respect they showed as she made her way to the lower quarters of the ship. "Um excuse me? I'm looking for Mercy?" One of the staff pointed down towards the hall on her right without a word and quickly left.

Unsure what to think, Kita pushed the awkwardness aside and followed the hallway downwards in search for the dark haired woman.
Kita's Theme Song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwL9aqOBpHI (Servant of Evil)
https://youtu.be/gNWAIJk2pEE (Re_Birthday)

Slade Xandir

Re: Friend or Foe?

Post by Slade Xandir » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:54 pm

Mercy had begun her second set of workout for the mid-day half of her routine. Her crunches. The Phoenix already could feel the burn, as considering today was core day, she wanted to ensure she kept on time with it all. She typically did 3 sets of one thing a day, in conjunction with her free time when she wasn't on missions. She tried to keep her mind busy, because she couldn't leave Mercy with Mercy for too long. She thought too much for herself. Eventually leading her into darker places, igniting fires from embers, untouched for months, until it whittled into weeks, then to mere days-

Another set was knocked out, and she gritted her teeth through her innate desire to groan. No pausing. She curled herself up on the railing, legs tucked in tight haunches over the frame of yet another bed brought into her room to replace the one she had destroyed from another nightmare, on accident. Another crunch, she panted through the last one, having lost count almost an hour and a half ago. The Vyler would keep going until she no longer had a capability to even breathe. Spine concaved forward again, interlocked hands holding each other in a bloodstopping vice behind her head, eyes clinched shut in sheer determination to spit out another flex. This would be her last.
She swam through the tightness of muscles, the band of threshold that swore she could do no more, shaking as she finally scored it. Nose touched her knees, and finally she exhaled, body releasing the energy she held so tightly as she now lay as lax as a noodle, upside down, on the side of her bed in the little compartment she had been assigned as a grunt within Emic's ranks.

'I did good' she congratulated herself in heavy breaths. 'Real good.' Her abs protested in a dull roar that would surely grow to screams should she not soak in the tub in a bit. 'AI, set a timer for 1 hour from now' she exhaustedly tossed to the voice rec in the corner of her chamber. The small pyramid glinted a green confirmed hue, and confirmed her command. "Setting timer for 1 hour from now." And finally, she just allowed herself to rest in the position she was in.

That was where the problems lie.
Almost immediately, her mind wandered. She thought of how hard she worked to get to this point, but had she really? Or was she just hopping from place to place of work that suited her? She wasn't even being paid for it. She wasn't even getting any compensation or making a name for herself. What about the ones that did? What had happened to all of the others the Phoenix had crossed along the way?
And there she was. Lightly blond headed kid chick she and 'Jacobi' had nabbed from the Grand Ben Kenobi, himself on her little farming plot. How did-
'You just talked to her last week', she rolled her eyes. 'She's fine obviously. Let her lie.'
But you can't, can you? You just keep bringing her up, knowing she's not even a FIT for this place. And what happens when Jacobi isn't Jacobi to her anymore? What happens when Tormentous finally-

"Shut up-" she growled into the sweat-smelling air around her.
But he's going to. He's going to wrap his hands around that poor little girl and squeeze until she either dies from asphyxiation, or fights back. It's the Red Cauldron's way-

"Shut UP-" her heartbeat never got the chance to relax, and her body never got to cool. Her temperatures already began to rise, and she crossed her arms over her face in an immediate need to distract herself.
Gods, where was a therapist when you needed one?
"π’―π’½π‘’π“‡π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’, 𝐼 𝒢𝓂."

Kita_Ikari

Post by Kita_Ikari » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 pm

SHUT UP!

Kita's attention was brought to one of the doors within the hall. She recognized the annoyance and frusteration in that voice to know this had to be Mercy's room. She wasn't sure who she was talking too, but she did worry that her friend was in a high level of stress.

"Mercy?" Reaching out she pressed the button to her room and peeked in before walking into the room itself. She noticed she had seemed to catch her at a bad time as she was in the middle of her workout. The smell of B.O. just proving that she had indeed been working herself to the bone to stay in shape. "Sorry. I said I was gonna find you when I had the chance but...if your busy I can just leave and come back another time." She said as she begun to turn away for the door.
Kita's Theme Song

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:26 am

Mercy jumped, almost out of her skin, as the blond was seemingly suddenly summoned out of her thoughts like she had called her by name, face, and birthdate. But no, she didn't. The girl just came to check on her, since it had been a minute, and Mercy just wasn't prepared for it in the slightest. "Yea, no, bye-" the words flipped so fast from her lips she almost choked. "Oh frakk, wait, sorry-" she threw up. "My bad, I wasn't ready. Girl like knock first or something. Send me a text, or like call before you barge in rooms. I coulda' been in the middle of something." The Vyler tried to keep the annoyance out of her permanently-annoyed voice. Tried. Whether it worked or not, well-

"What's up?" she asked, trying to change the topic from herself. "What have you gotten into, so far?"

Kita_Ikari

Post by Kita_Ikari » Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 am

"Yea, no, bye-"

She gave a confused look, almost hurt, as Mercy stated she was to busy right now to even visit with her at that moment.

"Oh...ok…"
Silently Kita turned to head out and suddenly stopped abruptly as Mercy called to her.

"Oh frakk, wait, sorry- My bad, I wasn't ready. Girl like knock first or something. Send me a text, or like call before you barge in rooms. I coulda' been in the middle of something."

She turned and nodded in embarrassment. Kita had thought perhaps she would have male company. She shook the thought from her head and walked over to sit in a chair nearby. "Sorry. Umm...i'll have to get my own holopad then if I plan on texting you next time." She replied. She noticed the annoyed tone in her voice but didn't think much of it.

As her friend asked her what was up, she rubbed her head awkwardly. "Oh...trouble as usual…" Kita wasn't sure what to say at first. Of course she did want to tell Mercy what was going on with her. Clasping her hands together, she finally gained some courage and leaned forward, exhaling before dropping the bomb on her. "I accepted to being Tormentous apprentice." She said seriously. "As for my reasons...well they are justified in more ways then one. Not exactly the turn I wanted to take after being kidnapped from Tibrin, but I have good reason to join the sith right now." Really she already expected Mercy to possibly be upset over the whole thing seeing Kita had fought Tormentous on his ship the day she was taken. But she changed her mind after seeing the Mandolorian Jacobi hidden deep behind the Sith Lord. Now she stayed for him. To help him.
Kita's Theme Song

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Sat May 08, 2021 3:42 am

Mercy whipped her head so quickly towards Kita, if it hadn't been so loose now from the workout, she would have cracked bones in a crescendo from the motion. Narrowing her hazel golds, her usually bodacious catty voice roiled a low -

"You did WHAT?!" Her hiss blew smoke between kissable lips. The curl of her shoulder as she turned to face Kita suggested nothing good would follow anything else she was about to do. The room began to warm by a couple of degrees. "There is legitimately NO good REASON to join the SITH, you frakking nutcase. Do you have it out for the Jedi? Do you have it in you to depopulate planets in a bath of blood??" she challenged, striding up to Kita with fluidly even strokes. "How about ripping a baby out of a mothers arms and killing it in front of her for a ritual to a side of Force that-" she held her tongue only for just a moment, as the swift claws of her own influence shot out with a fiery graceless grip and invaded Kita's own personal space of her own. It sniffed and snorfed and snaffed and snortled as it sought just the HINT of anything close to Dark Side. Those claws retracted, and she glared even harder at the newfound Apprentice of a madman and murderer. "-that you don't even have any idea of! You're the furthest thing FROM Dark Side in the Force!" Mercy smacked a soggy palm against the side of her temple, warning herself to chill. This wasn't her decision. Clearly it wasn't, she tried to reason with herself. She had to be drugged, or like...seduced in some way.

"Kat- why?? Just...why?! Girl, you legit just kicked his ass in the balls like however many cycles ago and I cheered you on for that! Why are you even still here??" Mercy couldn't imagine what kept this plan and nice fun-loving girl back here, a spirited chick who Mercy had actually considered hanging out with, one day. But she had her own lies to try enacting, and a Dastan to kill, so she dind't exactly have time to track the girl down. But to swear servitude to THAT guy? "You're gonna die, trying to be behind that guy. I-" She stopped. She couldn't tell her she was on the run from him. She couldn't even tell Kita what her objective was or that she was trying to learn how to keep her Force Signature nulled to avoid his attention while she sought out her former Master and slayed him outright. No, Kita wasn't supposed to know anything, because "You're not supposed to be here." she said, finally.

Kita_Ikari

Post by Kita_Ikari » Sat May 15, 2021 12:03 am

Kita felt the room gain a slight intensity in heat, not realizing it was from Mercy herself as she blew up in anger. Kita had figured Mercy would react this way.

"There is legitimately NO good REASON to join the SITH, you frakking nutcase. Do you have it out for the Jedi? Do you have it in you to depopulate planets in a bath of blood?? How about ripping a baby out of a mothers arms and killing it in front of her for a ritual to a side of Force that-"

She stepped back, blue eyes wide in worry. "Well...no...but..." She couldn't even get a word in edge wise as Mercy asked Kita if she would be able to do all sorts of these horrible things. She knew it was going to be bad accepting Lord Tormentous invitation to train under him within the force...but she had forgotten how awful the Sith actually were due to her love for the mandolorian. She gasped as claws of fire surrounded Kita, searching for something but then relaxed a bit just as they were called off. "-that you don't even have any idea of! You're the furthest thing FROM Dark Side in the Force!"

Kita glanced at the ground, her eyebrows furrowed as she gave slight pout. "I know I'm not anything like the Sith..." Mercys next question was what Kita had been expecting all along.

"Kat- why?? Just...why?! Girl, you legit just kicked his ass in the balls like however many cycles ago and I cheered you on for that! Why are you even still here??"

She remained silent for a moment before answering. In the days she had been gone, Kita had learned about the fight between Jacobi and Tormentous. It wasn't right for her to tell Mercy the whole reason for why she had joined the Sith. So the whole situation was bound to get much hotter between the two women.

"I-I can't tell you.." She replied lowly. "I know I kicked him...i know i fought back...but...there are things I discovered that give me reason to stay within the Sith. Its not something I'm exactly happy about...but something I feel I need to do." Kita met Mercy squarely in the eyes, unflinching as she let known she wasn't going to back away easily from her private mission to stay and help the mandolorian. "I have to do this."
Kita's Theme Song

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Thu May 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Mercy could have punched the girl square in the head, just in pure hopes of knocking some sense back in her. But in the end, really there was nothing she could persuade this idiot. Whatever had her, held her. "I've seen him kill little girls like you without a blink of an eye, Kita. Walls have been painted a dark brown from dried blood of all the people that have followed that man to their slaughter. And they did it willingly". She crossed arms over her chest, her own respect for the blondie whittling down to nothing. "If you wanna join a band of Force-using Dark Lord worshiping fools, be my guest. But don't expect anything from someone that wanted to see you alive, and not some drunk thrall of Dark Side silliness." She turned away to start picking up clothes and things from the floor, trying to find more things to busy her hands with than bringing them against Kita. Because now, the girl was essentially untouchable. Not just because Kita was now the little chew toy of the Dark Lord, a man who she had actively been trying to avoid since they had brought Kita back... but because once Mercy killed Kita, she would be found out more than likely, and possibly forced to replace her, if not put to the blade, herself by his hand, for her desertion. For a multitude of years, Mercy had avoided Tormentous. Slade had brought her to him like some dog being shown for best of class award, and Mercy didn't want such a high level of regard. She had thought Dastan understood her more, he was more level, more apt to calm her rage whenever she had been unable to suppress the unbridled rage within. It was her personal mission to find Dastan, and the bastard had never strayed too far from Tormentous. She had to remain just near enough to catch Dastan's trail-

And there it went, again. So caught up in her own goals, she would end up losing sight of the grander scheme of things. She turned back to Kita, holding pairs of sweatpants and a dirty sock. This was a girl who could snitch on her, and tell Tormentous that she was actually still here, hiding right under his nose, among non-force grunts in a taskforce that probably didn't even register legally as working for his banner. No doubt he would seek her out when she was most unaware, or even send people to either retrieve or kill her. Or even worse - come and get her, himself. Her mind made up, immediately. "Get out. Don't come back. I don't have anything else for you, Kita." She turned from the girl, and started gathering up more clothes, the majority dirty, and begin throwing them in a hamper. She had to move, and move quick. It was already bad enough that Kita had been able to find her, anyways. That meant she wasn't concealing herself good enough. She would have to do better, to figure out a way to hide her signature, or even erase it completely. She was tired of being weak, never good enough for the things she needed in life. And she was surely tired of being surrounded by people who didn't know any better than her. "I don't even want to know why you're being stupid," Her voice lowered as she knew she was being stupid for her reckless decision too. "And I don't ever want to know. But don't come back once you walk out that door, and don't come looking for me, ever again."

Kita_Ikari

Post by Kita_Ikari » Fri May 21, 2021 4:47 pm

"I've seen him kill little girls like you without a blink of an eye, Kita. Walls have been painted a dark brown from dried blood of all the people that have followed that man to their slaughter. And they did it willingly. If you wanna join a band of Force-using Dark Lord worshiping fools, be my guest. But don't expect anything from someone that wanted to see you alive, and not some drunk thrall of Dark Side silliness."

Kita wasn't at all surprised to hear that the sith had ended up killing people like her. She had accepted becoming Tormentous apprentice, knowing it was a huge risk for her. "It's not a easy decision for me you know! I have very few options escaping the Dark Lord as it is. Plus with my father's life on the line if I escape. And secondly, if you knew the most important reason why I was staying, you probably wouldn't be so angry with my decision."

"Get out. Don't come back. I don't have anything else for you, Kita."

"But..."

"And I don't ever want to know. But don't come back once you walk out that door, and don't come looking for me, ever again."

That hurt. Kita didn't understand Mercy was hiding from the sith and especially her new master. However, Kita had high hopes of starting a friendship with the Phoenix. But now it appeared those very hopes were dashed to pieces as soon as she had revealed her joining the Sith. "That's not fair!" She yelled. "I am only joining the Sith to save someone I feel is important! And the only way for me to do that is to join the sith to get close enough to them and accomplish this task. Once I do that I plan on leaving! Even if I have to hide." Silence befell them briefly as she looked at the ground. "I know its a suicide mission...but wouldn't you do the same if you felt someone needed saving?!?"

The hurt in her voice clearly could be heard as she tried to suppress back tears. "I want to be your friend..." She added lowly.
Kita's Theme Song

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Wed May 26, 2021 4:27 pm

"I have very few options of escaping the Dark Lord as it is-" Kita's reply back to Mercy's own was more than the truth to the hell hearted Phoenix. Kita had not the slightest clue. And she wouldn't either. Something told Mercy to just spill it, to just tell the girl what really was going on, to educate her even further on why this was such an intolerably stupid decision. He even she was making a stupid decision, that they were almost paddling on the same boat. But no. As she watched the girl almost burst into tears, bubbling liquid trying to spill over in her clear sky blue eyes. Mercy had felt that sympathy only briefly, resisting the urges up to that point.

And then, her heart hardened. Kita hadn't had over 5 years of running away from this man, avoiding him to get close to an illusive Sith Lord who had murdered her Fa and ended up becoming her Master without her finding out till years later. Kita had only just started her little life among the horde of the damned. And if she wanted to roll with the Sith, she had better learn her place fast, and earn her keep, and keep her head above these bloody waters - because once she was in, she wasn't getting back out. Even with all of her running, Mercy wasn't even out. She had a mission to complete, and she would try to see it done. Then, she could retire from this mess, for good. How? No clue. But she would.

Her heart remained hardened, and those golden hazels brittled. "Sith don't have friends. I don't have friends. And even if I did, I would make sure it's not with simpering little girls who don't know how to keep clear conscious. Emotions like that get what you love most, killed. Around here, atleast. And I'm not keen on dying right now." Her chin tilted up, she slid her right leg back and braced it to anchor her upcoming roundhouse, should she be provoked further. Both fists balled up, and spread before her, held at just the right angle to knock this flat brained girl right on her flat ass should she keep at it. "Now get out, before I make it impossible for you to without your Daddy Dark Side coming to your aid." Fists tightened, creaking as her knuckles grew paler as she had clutched them tighter. Adrenaline begged to rush through her, to pump her up for a showdown. But she kept a calm head on her hot shoulders, and watched for the girl's next move.