Sith Capitals 101

With Korriban, the ancient home world of the Sith, destroyed, the Sith Order have retreated to the sanctuary of the frozen realm of Zoist.
Jacobi Wylcott

Sith Capitals 101

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Ok as the last thread I’m not here to insult your intelligence but I’m going to break this down from base level. So if you’ve already got a concept then forgive me but I’m rolling so let’s do this. Everything below is going to be a suggestion. We can change how we do things but currently this is how we roll.

Weapon Types:
Lasers - Use against fast starships and against starfighters.
Turbolasers - big guns. Use against stationary/slow ships. NEVER starfighters. Planetary bombardment!
Ions - useful to disable ships. Bypasses shields.
Warheads - Concussions = like Lasers. Protons = DMG like turbos.
Tractor Beams - For RP. Don’t waste your time.
Gravity Wells - PREVENTS FOOLS FROM JUMPING AWAY OR CAPABLE OF RIPPING THEM OUT OF HYPERSPACE! VERY VALUABLE!!!!

Each weapon except warheads are broken down in scale C1-C3. C1 is less power higher rate of fire, C3 is the opposite.

Ship Types:
Star Dreadnaught - we don’t get these. Battlestations with engines. DO NOT ENGAGE! EVER.
Battleship/Destroyer - the big head honchos of the fleet.
Heavy Cruiser - biggest ship of the line that is practical for use. Best bang for the buck. Gun platforms!
Cruiser - basic midrange starship. Doesn’t stand out but handy.
Frigate - Usually speedy ships. Used for plugging holes, reacting quickly to crafty RPers and starfighter screens.
Corvette - smallest, fastest ships that are considered capital ships. Usually lightly armed but their speed is unmatched which is a good trade. Speed keeps you alive versus the typical enemy we face which are bigger and have lotsa gunz!

Ship Types CONTINUED: You need to study their firepower on your own. I personally set up a spreadsheet to track EXACTLY what each ship can do, what its armed with etc. If it is important I’ll list it but I’ll pop you up a brief descript to help you understand their typical use.

Naga-class Heavy Dreadnaught - Battleship
Our big boy. Most guns, most shields, slow as history. On paper these puppies are our backbone.

Exar-class Dreadnaught - Heavy Cruiser
Horrifically slow. Not good armament but excellent armor. Good tanks to let the enemy shoot while your workhorses do the damage.

Invincible-class Dreadnaught - Heavy Cruiser
Strong vessel. Definitely a line ship. Plenty of lighter firepower but the shots are more likely to hit. Has warheads. Good ship.

Nightfall Destroyer - Heavy Cruiser
Excellent shielding power, excellent firepower, slightly faster than our sad ships previously listed.

Loronar Strike Cruiser - Cruiser
EXCELLENT midrange ship. For its size it has good weaponry & good shielding.

Neutron Bulk Cruiser - Cruiser
Odd ship. More of a heavy frigate class but its got some weight to it so here it is in our cruiser category. Decent shields, very good light weaponry.

Harrower Dreadnaught (Sith Battlecruiser) - cruiser
Not quite a heavy cruiser but goodness me the firepower! Great guns on this one but the defenses are lax.

Kaloth Cruiser - cruiser
Great weaponry. About all I can say here.

CC-7700 Interdictor Frigate - Frigate
Most valuable tech we have. Gravity Wells! Lots of warheads. Very good ship.

Nebulon B Frigate - Frigate
Balanced frigate, this one is a workhorse.

Everything else, Corellian Gunship, CR90 Corvettes, CR90 Assassin Corvettes, Corsair Battleships. Small fast and reliable.

Don’t think I need to list you of what we have so I’ll spare you that much. Let me know if you need further guidance.