The Way of the Worlds (closed, Zas)

The main Roleplay area of the Sithlore Universe.
Darth Fett
Registered Member

Re: The Way of the Worlds (closed, Zas)

Post by Darth Fett » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:02 pm

"The latter, naturally. As much as I would love to get a hold of one of my own, it would be too dangerous. It would inevitably fall into hands with higher ambitions than mine. A navy equipped with weapons such as this would completely dominate the galaxy. Even I wouldn't take that large of a risk."

His hands slid forward along the imperfections of the table that separated the two men. His left hand produced a palm sized datapad, appearing from the recesses of the man's sleeve. When his arm could stretch no further, he used his fingers to scoot the item the rest of the way to Zasabi.

"That's why I was so disturbed at finding this information. My personal assistant Reana still pulls strings in a not insignificant spy syndicate and on occasion documents of interest come my way. We could find no technical printouts or elaborations on how the device actually works, but that is to our benefit. That means they are still under wraps."

Hook.

"The companies are in talks with the military heads of state of both the Empire and the Republic. They plan to sell both ways and make exclusive contracts with anyone who is left standing."

Zasabi Ray
Registered Member

Post by Zasabi Ray » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:36 am

Zasabi's mind worked at hyperspace speeds, working out just what the end consequences of destroying these shipments would be. It'd be even better if he could shuffle the blame on to someone else, someone whom it could be expected of.

His lips quirked as an idea came to mind. He reached out slowly, passing his hand over the gift like a magician's trick. Now you see the datapad, now you don't.

"Alright. I'm in. What's the plan?"

Darth Fett
Registered Member

Post by Darth Fett » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Fett's hands remained steady, but his unseen right foot rose up his left calf and softy slid down, pushing a concealed item downward to the instep of his left boot, where it rested silently. Axl reached through the Force to feel the item, to sense it as if it were in front of his eyes. He 'saw' all of the grooves and wiring, as well as the trigger. He called upon the Force to gently glide it under Zasabi's end of the table, neatly tucked away. He smiled as Zasabi asked him what the plan was.

"Well," he lifted his left hand emphatically, then lowered it back to the table in a natural way. He had actually just used the motion to aid him in guiding a precise trigger to the device under his companion. With a silent surge, the small hyper directional device, much like a temporary EMP, went to work. It was a temporary signal disruption, just enough to black out any recording device Zasabi conceivably had for the time being. Axl did not wish to take any chances as he spoke his next bit. The holopad he had given to the Shadow reset itself, retained only its startup and registration programming, not having saved any of the other information before its forced restart.

"There's a hovertrain passing through from Kataal," he spoke somberly, "It hits the shore line in twenty minutes. On board are four out of the five existing prototypes, and two of the three project leaders. Only they know how all of the components work together, as anyone else in the project worked on a specific piece and were not made privy to its true purpose. They worked in secrecy. It is my hope and the syndicate's strong belief that they kept no further documentation than their minds. Their insurance policy is simply their final colleague and prototype left at another location in the event something should happen during transport."

He considered his next words quite carefully, "Reana and I rigged the train with enough explosives to ensure there is not a piece left assembled over two inches long. While we take care of security in the area and prepping the ship to take us to the last prototype, what I need from you is to trigger the explosives. There is a small window of time and too much for only two people to handle. No discredit to you, but it is best that I take out any guards set to watch the train's arrival, as well as the holocams. I've heard you have fast hands. We're going to need them. If the remote fails, we need you to shoot out the fuel lodge. It should set off a chain reaction and trigger the rest."

In the event that Zasabi was concerned about the death toll, Axl jumped in, "I assure you, only passengers are the designers, who must die lest they build more, and a dozen or so armed guards. Aside from them, it's a skeleton crew of the corporate engineers, perhaps four in total. The remaining cargo space is full of various other weapon prototypes, all dangerous in the wrong hands."

Zasabi Ray
Registered Member

Post by Zasabi Ray » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Zasabi sat in thought for about a minute, deciding if the risk was worth it. Twenty minutes was about enough time for him to grab his disguise kit and get to the shoreline on time, although it would be a bit of a pinch.

"Alright," he said. "Tell me the exact location of where you want me to trigger this thing. Are we going to stay in comm contact, or we just gonna sync our watches and head out?"

Darth Fett
Registered Member

Post by Darth Fett » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:46 pm

"We'll stick close together. There's a Docking Bay overlooking the trench the train will pass through. You won't be landing in the bay, however, we don't want any records to place you at the scene of the blast. There's an overhang to the entire complex along the side you'll need to be on. We'll break away just before reaching said complex. Once there, you'll fly low, beneath the overhang. You land there and wait until you see the train. The moment the front car passes the shore line, trigger this remote."

He passed the device to him; its unexpected heft carried the weight of what it represented.

"Should anything go awry with the rigs, use your MSMS. You'll have a small window in which to target the fuel cell. Don't waste any time from there. Once the train blows, you'll need to blast out of there and meet up with us just outside of Kataal, where we'll finish the job and rid the galaxy of all traces of this technology."

He wished to be thorough and fill Zasabi in on what the plan asked of Fett.

"Reana and I will fly in the Spartacus. Before we split up, we'll go cloaked and land in a slightly less concealed area, so we'll be needing it. She'll keep the ship ready as I take care of the guards and security cams. When the job's done, we'll get out of there ASAP. We don't want the facility to know we're coming."

It was time to leave. Axl slid along the curved seating and stood as he reached the end. He produced a few coins, as if from nowhere and placed them on the table. He motioned with his hand, ushering Zasabi to head out of the establishment. There was little time to spare.

"We've got only one chance at this. Millions of lives and the balance of the galaxy depends on you," he spoke with a sincere tone to him.

Line.

Zasabi Ray
Registered Member

Post by Zasabi Ray » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:04 am

Zasabi looked at Fett as he spoke, taking in the words of the Sith almost without any inhibition. The words that he spoke to him rang true, and he knew that there was no way that the former Shadow Lord could be lying. He picked up the device and rose from the booth, fully committed to the plan.

"Alright, but tell me you have another one of those cloaks lying around your ship. I'd prefer not to have some stray holo-cam catch my face, however unlikely it may be."

He began to follow the man out, stashing the device away in one of the many pockets his jacket possessed and doing his best to keep close.

Darth Fett
Registered Member

Post by Darth Fett » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 am

As the two men exited Happy's Landing, Axl led them into a nearby alleyway. He stopped and glanced upwards to the rooftops surrounding them. Only three stories, but enough to conceal their operations.

A figure swiftly leapt from the roof and landed perfectly on both feet, just in front of the duo. Reana was a beautiful yet cold woman. Her pale jade eyes addressed Zasabi as she drew back her hood and allowed her seemingly delicate skin to be caressed by what remained of the late afternoon sun. The two had never actually met, though she knew a great deal about him. She had done her homework. Weeks of intense preparation had gone into ensuring the operation went smoothly.

"Give our friend the cloak," Axl commanded.

Reana, expecting the request produced a heavy, dark hooded cape that would drape around whatever individual wore it, regardless of size. The loose fit would help conceal the build and height of the wearer in the event of a stray cam that may capture them.

"I know it wasn't quite what you meant, but it's the best I could provide. Also, this piece is equipped with a layer of stun sheets. Simply pull on the draw string inside and they will activate. The lining of the cloak will insulate you from the energy, but anyone who tries to grab you will instantly be out of commission, and stay that way long enough for you to make the getaway."

The design looked simple enough from the outside, the only real distinguishing mark being a faded crimson outline of an hourglass shape stitched into its back.

"We haven't much time to spare if we want to pull this off. Any last questions?" He asked, already moving towards an emergency ladder along one of the building's walls that led presumably to his ship.

Zasabi Ray
Registered Member

Post by Zasabi Ray » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Zasabi looked at the cloak briefly before thanking the Dark Lord's associate and throwing it on. He looked to Fett upon donning the concealing garment, listening to him for a moment before nodding.
"I'm ready. Let's get this over with."
After the Dark Lord would rise up the emergency ladder, Zasabi would motion for the new girl to follow. Assuming she insisted he go first, he would quickly pull himself up the ladder.

Darth Fett
Registered Member

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am

Once Fett and Reana had boarded the Sith Infiltrator, the latter taking the captains seat, it was not long before they were hovering over the street and under the cover of their cloaking device. They departed towards their target, following Zasabi closely. They glanced at each other, communicating nonverbally at first through a series of weighted gestures and nods. He did not use the Force for anything at this point, as a Ysalamir sat safely between the two. He was taking few chances on this operation, and those that he did had been carefully calculated. They broke away from Zasabi as they reached the targeted area and the Shadow descended beneath the overhang. The Spartacus landed on a nearby unoccupied platform and hacked into a video feed via New Black Nebula resources on the planet.

Axl turned to his long time associate and spoke softly, "You rigged the police outpost and surrounding buildings properly?"

She nodded sharply.

"You made sure the holocams picked you up in the right sequence?"

She repeated her action.

Zasabi Ray
Registered Member

Post by Zasabi Ray » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Zasabi stood on the overhang, hidden by both the cloak and the remoteness of the operation area. He patiently awaited the oncoming hover-tram, the poise of a professional keeping him steady and focused. However focused he may have seemed, however, he was nagged at by increasingly curious-and worrying- thoughts.
Why had Fett waited until the last minute to call him in on this? It seemed to have been prepared so well, and yet was enacted so quickly, almost shoddily. Too much was left up to chance, and Fett didn't strike him as someone who would leave things up to chance without good reason. So then why was this operation so dependent on him? Why not set the trigger on a timer, or some such? He looked down momentarily to the MSMS sitting calmly next to him. What if there was something else behind all of this? What if there was no real superweapon? He had nothing but the Sith's assurances. What if this-
Suddenly, Zasabi saw a flash of metal out of the corner of his eye. The Tram had arrived. It was now or never. Putting aside his concerns and doubts, he surreptiously pressed the button on the detonator in his hand.