Somethings are best left Forgotten

A roleplay area for new players to take their first steps into the Sithlore Universe. Welcome to the world Sithlore: Star Wars Roleplay!
Harbinger
Registered Member

Somethings are best left Forgotten

Post by Harbinger » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:05 am

It was something that a shard had no need to contemplate, No desire to dignify with a second thought, Nor something that would pose any great threat to the crystalline beings. Time. It was another day, another moment inside a cell that would pass into the next as the previous had into this one. Each was the same, and for all intents and purposes, standing still. Frozen moments only broken by the thoughts of a small red gemstone, suspended in a stasis field upon a raised platform. Cut off from technology. Cut off from contact. And cut off from the galaxy. Solitary confinement of a most cruel nature, the final gift of an Empire that, while wounded, was still very much alive despite the shards best attempts to the contrary when he was far more mobile and powerful.

These long years he had floated, Senses deprived from his mind by the security of the place he was held. Was it a base? A star ship? Or was he just forgotten in the back of some Imperial storage depot on the deep rim? He'd never found out. Even the names of those who had locked him up here and stripped his body from him all those years ago had faded from his memory. Truly the shard had spent these long years soul searching and meditating. For there was one thing they could never cut him away from entirely, nor fully. The living force.

Weak and untrained in its ways proper, the shard had never truly considered himself to have any right to practice within the halls of the Sith or Jedi alike, but those he had known over those short years, had taught him what little he knew. Meditation was all he could hold onto now, letting himself seep out into the force and feel the small sparks of life around him. Truly it was the only solace he had in his confinement, that even though he was alone, he was not the only being in this area. As he was held suspended in these moments, the gemstone that was his body, would glow a much deeper red, illuminating the cell in which he was housed. His thoughts moving to those he'd known, shadows of their former selves in his mind, names long blurred away by time.

Time... That infuriating construct that signified the passage of one moment into the next. That which held him here against his desires to be free once more. The frustration built up once more inside of the shard, who would scream if for the lack of any manner to do so. So he once again turned to the living force and let his rage and aggression flow out across it. The only form of release the shard had in his moments of rage as he cried out in silent agony to brothers and sisters that could not hear him, to allies and enemies that had forgotten him.

"They called me Harbinger..."
-=================-
Harbinger of Nothing
-=================-

Kell Sangros

Re: Somethings are best left Forgotten

Post by Kell Sangros » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

The currents of the Dark Side were turbulent and wild, the antithesis of how the Jedi perceived the Force. The Dark Side took care of the ones it had claimed as its’ own , sometimes to the chosen’s delight sometimes not. Such was the way with the Devotees of the Dark Side of the Force.

Warvanus, the War-Bringer had meditated on the currents of the Dark Side, peering into them for guidance, for direction. The Dark Side granted this one time an answer. Warvanus did not reveal to anyone what he had saw in his meditation and had followed it to it’s conclusion. Time meant nothing when Warvanus communed with the Dark Side. After sometime he had emerged from his meditations and had immediately gathered information on what he had seen. It took some time but he had come up with a possible name

Shard

In his research he had learned that the Shard were a very rare spieces that were silicon based and not carbon, that they assumed bodies of machines, if indeed this thing he saw in his vision was a shard he could be an asset to his growing power base. He could fashion him to be a machine of War, one worthy to serve the War-Bringer and ultimately the Sith. Why would one appear in a vision? What was the Dark Side nudging him towards? These questions demanded answers and Warvanus would have them.

She entered into his study, and knelt before the War-Bringer she was silent. Warvanus had approached her from his desk he had a disk in hand. “Rise” he commanded and she did so.

I have a mission of utmost importance for you” He handed her the disk “Here is all the information you will need. It is an operation of rescue and extraction. It is in Imperial space, bring a very small team, Wiretap and Vyn Kaal would be acceptable.

She nodded in acknowledgement of his instructions. “It will be done Master” With that she bowed her hand and spun on her heel to begin preperations.

Warvanus went back into his meditation room and stretched out with the Dark Side, he immersed his awareness into its’ currents. Through the Force he projected to the object in his vision, that its liberation was coming, he could not send verbal words as he did not know this shard , and the distance, made it impossible, but he could project thoughts , ideas, emotions and what he sent to this lifeform was freedom was coming for it.

It was not long before Kinta and her team were space bound and in hyperspace, they used a non descript craft, and she employed the Force mask technique to hide her presence. With her fully briefed she had thought to herself that this was indeed the strangest assignment her Master has sent her on.
===========================================
Lord Warvanus
Of the House of Blood
-=The War Bringer=-

Harbinger
Registered Member

Post by Harbinger » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:50 pm

There was nothing to break up the flow of moments, thoughts and emotions were the highlights of the now, and the memories of the recent past. The future was nothing worth dwelling upon, since it would only hold more of the same. Soul searching and near constant meditation, stretching out with the force for no other reason than the vague hope of connection. When one did not sleep, it was unlikely to consider things to have been dreams, but the Shard had a feeling that his meditations had been reaching... something.

Images, feelings, vague emotions had been passing to him through the force, calming his rage and anguish in the small hours of the night with what he could only describe as a feeling of flight. As if he'd been given a body again and allowed to leave this hellish nightmare of solitude once and for all. It was a glorious sensation, and he latched onto it, holding on to the feeling for as long as the force would allow such a thing before he came back to his senses proper. Stretching out again within his cell, he took his time and focused, using the force to slowly trace electric signals within the walls, tracing them slowly. It took a very long time, perhaps a day or more with how long it had been since the Shard had used this sense, but he soon found something truly wondrous. A security camera.

In the years he'd been trapped, he'd not thought to focus and practice, use the force to enhance his abilities. But these long years had given him what he needed, time to train, practice, hone that skill. And now he had a view of the world around him. The long single hallway was barely lit, a single flickering wall mounted light barely lit the length of the passage. The camera sadly did not move, So he simply watched, wondering if the force would make good on its offer of flight from these halls.
-=================-
Harbinger of Nothing
-=================-

Varn Badaash
Registered Member

Post by Varn Badaash » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 pm

(With permission from Master Buggie I’m NPCing my old PC. Welcome back Harby!)

The first thing the Shard would see after all these years was a human male, he had short black hair and was roughly six foot three wearing a black trench coat over a set of non-Imperial combat armor. The human was flanked by an Imperial soldier who was directing him towards the Shards cell. If the camera the Shard had gained access to had audio it would also hear a conversation between the soldier and the man in the trench coat.

“How long has the Shard been confined here?” The man asked, his voice carrying a Dantooine accent.

“Several years now, sir.” The soldier replied, “before I was posted here.” The two men approached the cell where a lone gem like stone sat suspended in a stasis field. “May I ask, what interest this item is to Black Star Industries?”

The human chuckled. “Well for starters Corporal, this isn’t an item, he’s a sentient life form.”

The soldier looked at the man in disbelief. “I’ve heard a lot of crazy things but this takes the cake.” He waited for the man to tell him he was just joking, it never came. “You’re not serious are you?”

“I am,” he replied. “Now if you’d kindly open the cell.”

“Sorry Mr. Ryder, the Director Gregor told me to wait before allowing you in the cell.” The soldier responded after a brief moment of collecting himself.

For a split second a scowl crossed Ryder’s bearded face. “The director tasked me with the investigation into Lord Shen, an investigation that has lead me here and can only go further if I receive custody of the Shard.” He paused a moment as his mind teach out through the Force and imprinted onto the soldiers mind. “So you will open the cell and prepare the Shard for transport, the director can discuss the details with me later.” This time it wasn’t a request but an order, one that was made with a heavy pulse through the Force.

The soldiers eyes rolled back momentarily before returning to full focus on the cell in front of them. He reached down to his comm an activated it. “Open cell SD-01.” A brief second later the cells energy field dropped and all that stood between Ryder and the Shard was the stasis field that kept him afloat.

“Prepare a container for transporting the Shard,” Ryder ordered as he stepped into the cell.

The soldier nodded before turning and heading back towards the door they entered from. He would go a find what Ryder needed and was sure was still around here from when Harbinger was first brought here.

“Hello old friend, I hope soon you’ll be free of this place,” Ryder spoke softly towards the Shard that had been his ally in a past life.

Harbinger
Registered Member

Post by Harbinger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:18 pm

It wasn't possible. Living, Breathing, Organics... In all these years, the faint signs of life had never been so strong. It was as if he could truly feel them so much closer than they were. The camera could only hold them in frame for so long as they rounded the corner, their conversation heard, but at a barely audible level. Such was enough for the Shard, after all, being deprived of all senses for so long, these whispers may as well have been screams.

Listening closely, he heard things that made memories come flooding back to his mind... the battle that had lead him to this cell. Lord Shen, that withered husk for a mortal that had been so deeply steeped in the dark side that even those who had never been touched by the living force had been corrupted or cowed by his presence alone. A weak feeble man to the eyes, a flagrant abomination in the eyes of the living force that the Shard held so close to his being. And this... Soldier? A man named Ryder? The Shard could feel anger welling up in him as the memories failed him, he could not recall his enemies on the best of days, but his former allies? He'd thought them all flung to the far edges of the galaxy.

As the two men talked outside of the cell, the Shard, for the first time in several years, felt the shielding around the cell drop and his senses were assaulted with the raw power of the electric impulses surging through him. After so many years cut off, in his natural state behind the dampening fields, it seemed to him that his training and meditation to increase the strength and range of his control over such impulses had grown to a height most Shards would never know.

Tapping into the equipment of the soldier before him, this "Ryder", he quickly found a microphone within his communicator, a speaker aswell. He didn't bother searching for another camera upon this mans armor, such was not needed as he finally had a means of hearing, but most importantly. Speaking.

"My Body... I need my body... Cannot... Remember... SD-01 knows... He's always known... The droid will know"
-=================-
Harbinger of Nothing
-=================-

Varn Badaash
Registered Member

Post by Varn Badaash » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:32 pm

The voice of Harbinger cracked to life from Ryder’s own comm link that was installed in the collar of his armor. Hearing his voice was like hearing the voice of someone you thought dead. His grey eyes stared at the floating crystal life form recalling the history the two had shared years back.

“I don’t have your old droid body Harbinger,” Ryder replied sorrowfully. “It may have been dismantled and used for parts after all these years but I can make some inquiries.”

Ryder glanced back down the hall and spotted the corporal returning with a capsule like device. “I have a temporary droid body for you to use once we are out of here, a mutual acquaintance of ours has some question for you and if you help us we can help you gain your freedom once again.”

The corporal stepped up next to Ryder holding the container that would hold Harbingers Shard form till they could get him a new body. “If you are willing to cooperate then we can transfer you over to this mobile containment unit.”

Ryder’s gloved hand moved over and opened the seal on the capsule and prepared to input the command to drop the stasis field. At which point he’d activate the small tractor beam that would pull the Shard into the capsule.

Harbinger
Registered Member

Post by Harbinger » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am

It may have been the first contact with an organic in so many years. It may have been the thoughts of freedom and flight from this place. The Shard was certain of one thing, hearing that name spoken in his presence was something that brought on a flood of emotion the likes of which the Shard had not felt in what seemed to be a lifetime.

"Very well... We shall leave... I'll tell you what i know... The rest has been lost... Thank you... Friend"

Harbinger. The chosen speaker of coming change. Perhaps he would earn that name once again, for now, he only knew that he was going to leave this wretched cell and Imperial control. That was enough.
-=================-
Harbinger of Nothing
-=================-

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:25 pm

OOC: sorry for the delayed response been pretty sick

The shuttle exited hyperspace, Kinta Vetasa piloted the shuttle as it made its non descript approach, the apprentice of the War-Bringer submerging her presence in the Force (Force Mask) of course she did not know where exactly she was going as Warvanus’ instructions were incomplete, but regardless had transmitted her encrypted signal to her Master. She hoped this gambit would pay off, other wise it put her and the Mandalorian at risk. She briefly considered calling in some assets from the Krath but this was not their mission or their cause. Of course this could be all for not but could also be a test which had been awhile since Warvanus had tested her. The Force held no answers to the questions swimming in her mind. She gazed at the viewport and orbiting a lone star was what appeared to be a space station, they were ready for anything but secretly hoped they could get in under the radar.

Vyn took the gunner’s chair, they needed to be ready, he checked the instrumentation and then glanced towards the pilot and gave her the slightest of nods, indicating that he was ready. Kinta then let out a slow breath and began their approach.
Lord Warvanus
Of the House of Blood
-=The War Bringer=-

Varn Badaash
Registered Member

Post by Varn Badaash » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Ryder nodded as his hand danced over the controls. The stasis field dropped as Harbingers Shard form was caught in a small tractor beam and delivered into the capsule like container. He let out a deep sigh as step one of his plan was done, the two men turned and walked back down the hall.

The door slid open to reveal a hexagonal room with a half circle of consoles in the middle. An Imperial officer sat at the center and two more guards stood at the elevator doors which lead out of this part of the station. Lastly a Black Star Industries tech stood silently to one side typing on a datapad that was attached to a deactivated grey protocol droid. The droid itself had a large cavity in its central body, possibly big enough for Harbinger to fit inside.

Ryder took the capsule containing Harbinger and walked towards the tech. Before he even made it half way the elevator doors opened and an older gentleman stepped out, his cane tapping loudly on the durasteel floor. He wore the uniform of a Imperial General but in the black that Intel operative often wore.

“Mr. Ryder.” The Director’s voice demanded those who heard it to listen. His eyes were keen and had a deep intelligence behind them, even from behind the set of spectacles he wore. “I was under the impression we weren’t going to start till I arrived.” His eyes darted over to the soldier with Ryder, clearly seeing something wrong with the man. “And what’s wrong with Corporal Nern?”

“Ah Director Gregor,” Ryder replied with a pleasant smile. “I was just saving us some time, Harbinger is willing to answer some questions.” He glance over at the soldier with him, the soldiers eyes were a bit glossy from still being under the effects of the Force. “The Corporal should probably get a reassignment to a place less stressful than here.” Ryder gave Gregor a look that merely just confirmed the Directors suspicions about Ryder being a force user.

“I see, please then, continue so that we can get this business over with and maybe finally have something to use against Shen.” If the Director was frustrated, which Ryder assumed he was, he hid it exceptionally well.

“Of course,” Ryder turned back towards the tech and the droid body. “Harbinger, we will now begin the process of integrating you into your temporary body.” Ryder opened the capsule once more and began the process, with the aid of his tech, to integrate the Shard into the protocol droids chassis.

~Control tower~

“Unidentified vessel,” a crisp female voice spoke into the comms. “Divert your present coarse and identify yourself or we will open fire.” The demands of the Empire were sent as a squadron of Tie Fighters launched from the belly of the space station and began to fly on an intercept coarse.

Harbinger
Registered Member

Post by Harbinger » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm

The period of time that they were traveling through the station from the cell level to the deck where they would be meeting Ryders companion, didn't seem to take very long at all. Though Harbinger didn't have a way of seeing out of his containment capsule, he was happily tapping into every camera inside the station, and thanking the stars above that the Empire was so fanatical about their security. Finally he was able to get a good look around the place that had held him in such restriction for so long.

Upon entering into the hexagonal room, Harbinger was quick to tap into the camera's there as well as the wall mounted Intercoms so that he wouldn't miss what was being said around him. He took note of the guards and the tech in the corner, but what captured his focus almost entirely was the prospect of being re-integrated with a droid chasis. A protocol droid wasn't his first choice in terms of achieving mobility, but beggars couldn't be choosers. At least it wasn't an Astromech.

He listened silently and took note of the Officer type that walked into the room, the clacking of his cane on the floor plating was enough to let the shard know that this fellow, while frail, was important. The black Intelligence sector uniform was a good clue as well, he'd not seen one of those in years, the style was different though. In fact... All the uniforms had changed from what he'd know.

"Yes. I'll be answering your questions to the best of my ability. Without my old body, I've lost access to all my stored files, footage, and audio. But i'll do what i can to be useful in this investigation" He spoke out across the speakers in the room, all of them at once, giving his voice a metallic edge and tinny sound that would bring back memories to Ryder of the days when the Shard was housed within his combat chassis, and one of the most fearsome swordsmen in the galaxy. Such a voice was often the last thing than many an Imperial would have heard, and it brought a measure of joy to the shard to be amongst what seemed to be a new imperial order.

"I'm ready Ryder. Do what you must" he said as he heard that they'd prepped the droid for his transplant within. They'd gone a bit over board on making their preparations with the housing, given that the amount of space they'd left for him to be housed was far more than needed, given that the shard that represented Harbinger in physical form was no larger than a sabre crystal. Such a small object to house such an entity.

The moment the connection had been formed, and he was secured in place, Harbinger reached out through the droids mechanics and electronics and began to take them as his own. Not wanting to bother waiting on the tech, he simply began to power the droid up on his own. It was all coming back to him quickly. Each arm would raise, its hands turning a full rotation before all the fingers explored their full range of motion. Simple boot up sequences were canceled as the shard knew where to cut corners and speed up the process as he took control of the droid's electronic brain and settled into his new home. In under a minute the droid stood up from its hunched slouch and took slow measured steps around the room.

The eyes flickered for a moment, fading back and forth between their natural color to a deep crimson red before remaining red after wards as a strong red glow began to emanate from within the area he was housed in the hollow cavity of the droid. Harbinger took a moment, looking down at his own hands, fingers curling into fists before relaxing them as he put the body through its full range to learns its limits.

"Thank you Ryder. Director. This day has been one i've been longing for a long time. Though i find it rather peculiar that i've been locked up without so much as a visitor for these past four years, and now, suddenly, You have questions. Whats really going on?" he asked, looking back and forth between the men in the room, ever curious, the shard saw snakes in every shadow, and old habits died hardest for crystaline beings.
-=================-
Harbinger of Nothing
-=================-