The start of a journey.

A roleplay area for new players to take their first steps into the Sithlore Universe. Welcome to the world Sithlore: Star Wars Roleplay!
Gustav Trench
Registered Member

The start of a journey.

Post by Gustav Trench » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm

(OOC: So, it's been almost a year since my last post on sithlore. Due to some personal issues, I haven't had the best year of my life. But now that everything is looking up again, I have decided to restart the things I have neglected for almost a year including my character on sithlore. Before I left I was practically done with my docking bay thread, but after also talking with a member from my former docking bay thread I have decided to leave that thread in the past and start anew. I will be still using my old character, for those who do not know it I want to direct you to the Landing pas thread "New Character''. Let's not dwell on the past for too long and start my thread.)

Somewhere near the edge of imperial space
The ship docks and I walk down the ramp and into the docks. Chances would be slim of finding an imperial that was high placed enough and willing to help an alien, like me into the Empire. But it was a start and maybe just maybe I would be lucky and find someone. If not I would just have to move deeper into imperial territory. While walking out of the dockyard and into the street I noticed as expected that I drew some attention to myself, it is not every day for these people to see a large walking talking spider. I ignored it and walked into a bar that is not that far from the dockyard. When I walked some people looked at me and stopped talking but before long they turned back to their own drinks and conversations. I walk up to the barmen and ask for some liquor, he puts down a glass and I slide him some credits. I walk with my glass to an empty table and sit down. I carefully look across the bar to see if some interesting people are sitting in it. Not many noteworthy people, some aliens but mostly off duty junior imperial officers, not the kind of people that could help me even if they would want to. But the night is still long and who knows who I could run into?

(OOC: Any imperials or others feel free to join in. My intention is at the moment to join the Empire so keep that in mind.)
Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall.

Gustav Trench
Registered Member

Re: The start of a journey.

Post by Gustav Trench » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:34 pm

As expected nobody of interest came into the bar. I finished a couple more drinks and decided to head out and see a bit of the town before deciding what to do next. I walked through the many streets and back alleys of the town. I saw nothing of note. The hour has grown late and there are significantly fewer people walking around then when I first arrived. Probably the most interesting thing that happened was a couple of stormtroopers chasing down a cloaked man.

I decided to take a taxi to the other side of the town. They called it the wealthier part of town, but in places like these wealthier part meant only slightly wealthier. I walked around until I found a place to sleep. I entered the inn and was greeted by the innkeeper. Aside from him, nobody was in the inn for so far as I could tell. What can I do for you on this late night? he asked. A room for the night and one last glass of wine to help me sleep. I answered. The innkeeper nodded and pointed to a chair in front of the counter. I sat down as the innkeeper began pouring a red liquid in a glass in front of him. If you don't mind me asking, what brings Harch to a place like this? The innkeeper asked. I took the glass and took a sip from it before answering the question. It might sound stupid but I left my homeworld trying to find a way to enlist into the empire. The man was visibly confused. Please forgive me, that is not what I was expecting. I don't mean to offend you but an alien willingly leaving his home to enlist in the empire is not something I hear every day, my friend. Why would you want that? I lifted my glass once more and emptied into my mouth, after which I clicked in satisfaction with my mouth. I come from a world and a people that live for war. Most of my life there has been some kind of war raging on my planet, it changes a man. Unlike most of my fellow Harch I don't favor instability. That's why I want to join the empire I believe it is the best way for the galaxy to return to a peaceful state, I have witnessed first hand what instability leads to, rebellion and that eventually will lead to a civil war. one only needs to look at the recent years for the proof. The innkeeper nods in agreement. You certainly make a valid point my friend. I have a room ready for you if you still want it? Yes, i would. I say as the man gives me a room key. It's the room at the end of the hallway on your right. he says as I hand him the credits for the wine and for the room. My friend I hope you will succeed in your quest. I hope you have a good night's sleep.
I stand up but don't walk up the stairs to my room, instead I sit down at one of the tables and quietly begin reading the latest news on datapad deciding to head upstairs once I'm done reading it.
Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall.