Hi

A forum for new players to introduce themselves, meet the players and request to join the faction of their choice.
Dixon
Registered Member

Hi

Post by Dixon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 am

Hey. I think I'm supposed to make a post here introducing myself, and so I shall.

I will go by Dixon, in and out of game. I have never done this kinda thing before, but it truly sounds amazing, and I look forward to my time here once I figure it out. I don't know where to start, but I did some research and thinking, and here is my primary idea:

Name: Dixon
Race: Shi'i'do, if it is allowed (They are powerful, as they shape shift. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shi%27ido)

Plot: I struggled to find an original, feasible plot, and would love help if anyone wants to give ideas. The best I came up with was to try to bring back the Confederacy of Independent Systems. I chose that because my character is young for his species, and he wants adventure. He is also cunning, and thoughtful, so he would have come up with this idea knowing he has 300+ years to do it, and the galaxy is so divided, he knows he can rally many planets that supported the CIS back in the Clone War, offering them protection, wealth, and a government they can trust (Peace, freedom, security, and justice, if you will). He will let the wars going on play into his hands. Many don't want to join a faction with Jedi or Sith, because of the distrust there (as seen in Star Wars history), nor do they want to join a cartel or pirate faction that could exploit and lie to them, and obviously they don't want an iron-fisted Empire on the verge of collapse.

Essentially, he'd start small, at a planet previously owned by the CIS...perhaps Sereno. He would look for signs of distrust for the current government (I do not know who owns Sereno right now). He would then try to manipulate that spark, creating a stronger dislike for the government, as well as finding other sparks and pro-CIS citizens to aid him. I didn't plan too far, in case 1) It is too big of a change, 2) Things don't go as planned.

Pros of the character:

* Good with a blaster
*Shape shift ability
*Lots of time
*Extremely cunning. Of all traits, this is number one. He will take anything, and see opportunity, and a chance for power.

Cons:

-Hasn't left his home world until now, thus he has a nose for adventure, and danger...
-Very straightforward, won't be kind to everyone he meets. This can cause issues. ("I don't like you either")
-Not strong, and prefers to fight from afar, if he must fight at all.
-Starts with very little; A blaster, a handful of credits, and no friends, or family.
-Overconfident, arrogant, and lustful for more.

Dixon
Registered Member

Re: Hi

Post by Dixon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:23 am

I just looked to see, The Empire holds the planet Serreno. Of course I'll have to work against my favorite of the current factions -_-

Dixon
Registered Member

Second idea

Post by Dixon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:14 pm

My second idea was a similar one, but it's more focused on becoming a force user. Same race, name, and age, and the same strengths and weaknesses, but rather than creating a CIS faction, he would join the Empire, or another faction, and work on becoming a force user.

Not just any force user, though. He would be a Shamanistic one, bending the force to control the elements. I believe in Legends, Anakin Skywalker caught a foe on fire from the inside. However, force progression seems very difficult, and so I think plan 1 is better, giving me time to learn the ways of this site.

Zeto Tirel
Registered Member

Post by Zeto Tirel » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Greetings! I would definitely considering joining the Empire. Factions aren't easily started, and joining the Empire would help thrust you into the current action. :)

Dixon
Registered Member

Post by Dixon » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for the advice :D. I will certainly consider the Empire, or any faction that offers me aid in my goal. Guess we'll see when I make a post on the docking bay. Am I supposed to do that now, or do I need approval? I'll re-read the guide, but it sure seems fast O_o

Zeto Tirel
Registered Member

Post by Zeto Tirel » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:56 pm

You can start rping in the Bay. :)

All the factions help out newcomers. :3 Even the Sith. There is that blood debt, but I'm sure its mostly ouchies for the people in your way.

Dixon
Registered Member

Post by Dixon » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Alright, thanks :)

Corban Jalaar
Registered Member

Post by Corban Jalaar » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Welcome to SL

Youll have to excuse Zeto he has an acute case of Sith envy

Zeto Tirel