Howdy All

A forum for new players to introduce themselves, meet the players and request to join the faction of their choice.
Axiom052

Howdy All

Post by Axiom052 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Hello! I'm Axiom.
I've been looking around for a good rpg site for Star Wars (since I'm a huge fan), and I stumbled onto this one.
I currently play on another SW rp site, but it seems more geared to those "select few" who are staff and in the "in crowd".
So I'm hoping this is would be different.
I love the deep storylines and like the idea of starting out as a forcer and seeing where the character will end up.
With that in mind, I read I'm supposed to think up a character and post in the Docking Bay for 10 days before actually being able to create him? Is this correct?
Any info would be great, and I look forward to being a part of the "happenings" around here.
MTFBWY.

Axiom052

Re: Howdy All

Post by Axiom052 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm

I think I screwed up already.. the User name I put has numbers. Can we take those off?? Ugh.

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Welcome to SL

Im sure a member of staff can correct that :)

Do you have an idea on what type of character you want to play? Im a member of the Sith play a Sith Lord but any one of these fine factions would be happy to have ya
===========================================
Lord Warvanus
Of the House of Blood
-=The War Bringer=-

Dastan Imatari

Post by Dastan Imatari » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Yeah normally your username needs to coincide with your character name. I'm sure one of the Mods can find and change this for ya.

And yeah, ther'es no character sheets or anything like that here.
Just post your character's entrance to the galaxy wherever you want [give or take- there are some destroyed planets... xD] and get to RPing with the folks here. It's 10 days of RPing before you become a full member, and if you want to become force sensitive- that's when you can start your journey.

Axiom052

Post by Axiom052 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Cool. Thanks for the replies! I’ll get a character going soon. Didn’t want to do that until my name got all sorted out.

Quick question tho, are there Grey Jedi in this particular game or timeline?

Dastan Imatari

Post by Dastan Imatari » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm

depends on what you consider 'gray jedi'.

As recognized factions made up of force-users- we have the jedi. and we have the sith.

Otherwise if you just want to be a force user who uses the force in whatever way you see fit - you don't have to be aligned with one of the factions to do that! Though if you are a jedi, you cannot use dark side powers, and if you are sith, you cannot use light side powers, and all that. Sorta defeats the purpose, no? But there's plenty of force users out there who aren't part of these orders. so. Just really depends on what you are looking to do with your character.

Axiom052

Post by Axiom052 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Got it. That helps clarify things.
I’ll work on my thoughts and post up in the near future!

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Dast beat me to it but Id strongly suggest checking out the Academy section on the board as its dedicated to the Force system

academy-f19/restrictions-on-force-orientation-t55.html
Lord Warvanus
Of the House of Blood
-=The War Bringer=-

Neive Undant

Post by Neive Undant » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 pm

If you would like to stay neutral within the force as a grey jedi-like character, there's always the inquisitorious

Occasionally speaks sith. translation here: http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php