Kessel: Getting a Slice of the Spice Pie

An Out of Character forum for the discussion of roleplay threads and minicampaigns.
Doren Vassyl

Kessel: Getting a Slice of the Spice Pie

Post by Doren Vassyl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Earlier today our favorite source of galactic of bragging rights come up in conversion on the Discord channel, and I'd like to open this space to discuss what members and faction leaders think about leaving the Kessel system neutral and or controlled by an independent party. The advantages to this would be, evidently, that all major players could engage in prison breaks, drug trade, and other matters of questionable mores and heated action. For now, the planet remains firmly in Alliance territory, and such being the case, I petition an Alliance rep to weigh in on the matter first.

Rane DeCola
Registered Member

Re: Kessel: Getting a Slice of the Spice Pie

Post by Rane DeCola » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:16 pm

In my opinion....

I would assume that overall, the Alliance would maintain control or have a significant influence on the systems within the Kessel Sector due to its position in the galaxy well inside the lines of the Alliance. I would also assume that this would include any major trade routes that go through the sector, including Pabol Sleheyron (east-west routet to the south of Kessel) and the Triellus Trade Route (north-south route to the east of Kessel).

However, as to the control that they exert over individual planets or systems within the sector, well that's another story. You have nearby Hutt Space and also what is assumed to be a significant criminal element due to the nature of spice operations within the Kessel system itself.

With that said, I think that it would be difficult to drive a Star Destroyer into the heart of Alliance territory without someone noticing, but I wouldn't question smaller non-Alliance (including Imperial and Sith) elements operating in the area without a lot of attention from the local governments (unless they are of course well aligned with the Alliance).

However, I'm in agreement with Doren, that due to its current nature, that an Alliance rep should weigh in to define the extent to which they would see Alliance control over the region to help set the tone for any RP's in the region.
--------------------

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 pm

I’m going to keep this a generalization due to the fact that the Alliance to my knowledge has done very little in the way of RP concerning Kessel itself or the surrounding space provided. That said, in interest of safeguarding Alliance territory I cannot in good conscience cede the world to neutral territory. However, I will say and will gladly set it into action with a little snippet from the good ole GNN that the Alliance wouldn’t actively run such an operation and aside from perhaps a monitoring station or as much as a liaison office, the Alliance wouldn’t have much presence there and instead the world would be under the active operation of private corporations who are interested in distilling said spice for other than illegal means of revenue, obviously the proliferation and distribution of raw spice would be greatly frowned upon but in the spirit of entrepreneur-ship the entire world wouldn’t be shut down. As for the old prison compound, the Alliance already has a well established prison world in the form of Belsavis Prison and a Maximum Security Facility for the more extreme guests at the Citadel. The old Kessel prison would have most certainly been decommissioned.

As for any such requests to RP here. So long as no one is offering mass/wide spread damage or body counts then the GA would have no intention to intervene with private affairs. If the opposite is the case, please PM me or a GA rep over discord and we’ll attend to your needs with prompt attention.

In a nutshell, no, I will not stop anyone from trying to do as they will. Keep your activities quiet and perhaps a little something to turn the guard’s heads and we won’t have an issue. *wink wink*

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 pm

However, I'll add that I am fully open to any and all discussion over this matter.

Rane DeCola
Registered Member

Post by Rane DeCola » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Awesome Ben! I like your approach.

Here's to proof that common sense still exists in the galaxy!
-Rane