Monthly Writing Prompt for the Win!

An Out of Character forum for the discussion of roleplay threads and minicampaigns.
Slade Xandir

Monthly Writing Prompt for the Win!

Post by Slade Xandir » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Announcement for all Sithlorians

As it has been reviewed by the staff, my idea is approved! If you had noticed when I first posted it in Discord or not, it goes as listed:

For those who have been dreaming of the day where you could get in on the action without the pain and wait, here is the opportunity! From this month forward, there will be a chance at 5 xp for being chosen as the Writer of the Month! Every month, there will be a prompt that will be decided upon by the Staff and last month’s winner, and is to be tackled or talked about in the Point Of View of your character in a matter of 500 Word Count. Depending on whoever has the smoothest, comprehensible, and most liked response, they will be voted on individually as the victor of that month’s prompt!

Week 1 of the Month, Day 1: Staff Announce the Prompt for the Month, and the timer starts for interested players to take part, brainstorming and eventually posting their 500 WC replies within that first week!
Week 2: Staff and the prior month’s Chosen Writer begin their readings through each participant’s responses, beginning to form their opinions for their choice.
Week 3, last day of that week: Staff will make their choice on vote, saying why they choose who they chose, and with the choices the winner shall be chosen! Congrats!
Week 4: Award of 5 xp is dished out to the winner, who will not be able to participate in next month's Prompt as a Writer, but as a Judge! A little bit of rest for everyone before the Staff and the newly crowned Chosen Writer decide next month’s prompt, which they’ll announce week 1 Day 1 of next month!

The cycle begins anew, and anyone who participated last month, except the winner, are able to participate again for another chance at some XP.

If there’s any questions, comments, or considerations, please either post them here for review, or PM me, and/or the Staff-Trio Buggie, Ben, Sal. We’ll get back to you once we’re able. :)

Slade Xandir

Re: Monthly Writing Prompt for the Win!

Post by Slade Xandir » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:01 am

Alright one and all, since the first week is out of our hands, this months writing time will be until the 16th of next week! Sept 16th is the final day to get your write ups in, and after that they’ll be judged until the 23rd of sept.

Then the winner will be announced!

Starting up the Prompt in General chat, Now!

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Fett asked a good question about if you can write from the perspective of an NPC. For this first round, you must write from your PC's viewpoint. The reason for this is that if you win, your PC gets XP. We will revisit this rule in the meantime and clarify next round whether or not you may enter submissions from the viewpoint of an NPC.

Kell Sangros

Post by Kell Sangros » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Me personally I like that it has to be your PC it challenges you to delve deeper into your character
===========================================
Lord Warvanus
=Sith Lord=
-=The War Bringer=-
-=Master of the Warhound Battlegroup=-
===========================================