Npcs and master powers

Where the staff of Sithlore will post announcements relating to the forum and also where you can ask them any questions you may have regarding Sithlore.
Kubu Midwan
Registered Member

Npcs and master powers

Post by Kubu Midwan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:08 pm

You know I was curious and not sure if this was addressed before or not. I'm aware of the fact that only one pic can have a master power at a time. My question has to deal with npcs, now I know not 50 npcs should be able to use them either. I was curious if any should be able to use them at all. I'm kinda of thinking if the npc has been rped to great extension, possible. Wanted clarification of staff stance.

I don't know why I thought of this but felt it should be addressed in some form if it hasn't.

Neive Undant

Re: Npcs and master powers

Post by Neive Undant » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

I would imagine one or two NPC's could have master powers. However, the way I see it, you wouldn't have a support character who's more powerful than the main characters. It's like taking a spiderman movie where Mary Jane beats up the green goblin. It's just something that wouldn't create a strong enough story for the main character. However, I'm no staff, so I can't say for sure.

Occasionally speaks sith. translation here: http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 pm

We have had the Dark Lord as an NPC who had several MPs in the past and an admin approved it. I would think that is more of an exception than a general rule.

Kubu Midwan
Registered Member

Post by Kubu Midwan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:17 pm

I wouldn't abuse such a thing I figured I would ask as it's not been a thing yet. I also figured it would be like PC's there would have to be a cause and effect for using something of that calliber and depending on the npc how bad the effect would effect them. Example I am thinking along the side of rahm, if he used something master level, he could possibly die or at least be out for a really long time. It was just a thought I had, never going to use rahm as kubu.