Welcome to the new board!

Where the staff of Sithlore will post announcements relating to the forum and also where you can ask them any questions you may have regarding Sithlore.
Jay Mertaal
Admininstrator

Welcome to the new board!

Post by Jay Mertaal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hey folks.

Whew, it's good to be off that Tapatalk nonsense. Horrible wasn't it?!

Anyway, we're still new at all this phpBB admin stuff, so bear with us while we learn the new system, but hopefully you'll agree it looks a lot nicer.

Anyway, just a reminder that you should have registered with your CHARACTER NAME exactly as it appears in the SLIU. This is very important, and if you've accidentally not done so please let me know below, and we can change it for you.

Thanks all, and welcome to our new, and permanent home at board.sithlore.com!

Jay Mertaal
Admininstrator

Re: Welcome to the new board!

Post by Jay Mertaal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Highlighted for emphasis, because people keep missing that important detail!

Kyramur Null
Registered Member

Post by Kyramur Null » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:08 am

Hot diggity, this is great!

Neive Undant

Post by Neive Undant » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:26 pm

It is a really big improvement from tapatalk, I only have one request. Can we fix the remember me button? My pw is complicated and me having to put it in every time i come to the site will get a bit annoying lol.

Occasionally speaks sith. translation here: http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php

Arruna Lom
Registered Member

Post by Arruna Lom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:58 am

Glad to see our new permanent home. :) Now to try and get settled in and such. Not to mention try to catch up on posts I owed people.

Jay Mertaal
Admininstrator

Post by Jay Mertaal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:11 am

Neive: I'll look in to remember me, but I've double checked all the backend settings and it's set to work, so it might either be a server issue or something local to you (ad blocker/cookie issue).

We'll have a look, but if you can give me as clear an idea as possible of your browsing setup that'd be hugely helpful.

Yep, it's good to finally have the security of a permanent home. Tapatalk are not being very cooperative regarding the old data, but I'm trying to tempt them with money. They already said no to doing it for free.

Ordona Vandorak
Registered Member

Post by Ordona Vandorak » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Remember me: I've been having the same issue to a degree. Doesn't happen everytime but both on mobile chrome and desktop chrome it's done it a fair amount. I have chrome set to save the pw so less of an issue but a slight annoyance.

Jay Mertaal
Admininstrator

Post by Jay Mertaal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Think we've got this sorted now. I won't go in to it but it's a question of security IP reset/recognition when using a third party service to authenticate traffic. Now our security is handled locally so we don't need it any more.

Jay Mertaal
Admininstrator

Post by Jay Mertaal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Right, in actual fact this was connected to several other issues we were having (same cause) and is now sorted. Refresh your cache and you should be good to go!

Ordona Vandorak
Registered Member

Post by Ordona Vandorak » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 am

Just wanted to stop in and say that the new board is head and shoulders above the Tapatalk and I'm looking forward to the changes and improvements that get made along the way. To that end I have a suggestion that may not be parroted by others but figured I'd throw it out there. I think that after marking topics read it'd be nice if it took you back to the main page of the forum. It's a small thing but I think it'd be swell.