Taking What Matters in Hand

The legendary Ryustlore- the secret base of the Nefarious Blue Star Pirates.
Does it truly exist?
Rane DeCola
Registered Member

Taking What Matters in Hand

Post by Rane DeCola » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Rane made his way through the wind and the cold on Vandor. The winter was once again harsh as ever. Blood stained his jacket, pants, and gloves. Thankfully it wasn’t only his own.

At last, he had made his way to The Tavern, the home of The Wayward’s crew when they weren’t on assignment or otherwise doing what pirates seem to do best – finding a fair amount of trouble to get in to.

Rane hadn’t been on assignment for the Blue Star Pirates though. He had been away dealing with his own personal demons. Fraught with danger and the ever present threat of his own personal demise, he had survived and was ready to be welcomed back into the fold.
As he approached The Tavern, a familiar voice that had once been friendly now called out to Rane from behind him.

“I’m not sure you’re still welcome here.”

Rane stopped, but didn’t turn to meet to reply to the message that clearly wasn’t welcoming.

“I’ve earned my place among the crew.”

“And what loyalty have you shown by what you’ve done?”

“I think that the blood that’s been shed speaks for itself.”

“Well, we’ll see what the Captain has to say about that.”

“Yeah, I guess we’ll see.”

Rane DeCola
Registered Member

Re: Taking What Matters in Hand

Post by Rane DeCola » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:50 pm

It was even colder now that darkness had fallen. The chill of the air didn’t numb the feeling of the blaster that was pressed against Rane’s back though.

“You don’t know what you’re doing.”

“I don’t know what I’m doing, look who’s talking…traitor…”

“You don’t know the half of it.”

“Shut up, you’ll have a chance to have your say. See if anyone listens though.”

Rane stumbled forward as his captor shoved him, still holding the blaster on him.

“Where are we going?”

“It doesn’t matter; you’ll find out when we get there.”

Rane was too weak to resist at this point and continued onward in the dark and blowing snow. His whereabouts for the last few months had been only known by a closely selected group of individuals. His return to Vandor had been planned, but the circumstances surrounding his time away had changed.

He had been betrayed, and Rane was now certain that the true traitor would reveal himself. Rane would need to prove his innocence and the stop the traitor that had been hiding in front of him all along. If he didn’t, it would likely cost him and others their lives.