The Jedi Code
The Jedi Code is the sacred mantra handed down through each generation, which all Jedi must know and understand.
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
Jedi Rules of Conduct
All Jedi should be mindful to adhere to the rules of conduct. Breaking of these rules will result in disciplinary measures, the severity of which are dependent on the severity of the offence, and are decided on by a jury of peers. However, it is understood that sometimes one or two of these rules may need to be bent in order to uphold the other rules, as well as better follow the Jedi Code (but this is only in extreme circumstances).
- A Jedi should always try and keep peace.
- A Jedi should always try and seek peaceful solutions to problems.
- A Jedi should never fight in anger or for revenge.
- A Jedi should only use their powers for defense and protection.
- A Jedi should never use their power for personal gain.
- A Jedi should never provoke another into battle.
- A Jedi should always try and fight fairly, and if possible, end the battle with as little loss of life as possible.
- A Jedi should never kill a defenseless opponent.
- A Jedi should respect all life in any form.
- A Jedi should respect the beliefs, culture and opinions of other individuals, species, races and groups.
- A Jedi should only confront the beliefs of others when they infringe upon the rights of other individuals (e.g. the right to own slaves).
- A Jedi should respect the laws and cultural practices of the community they are in, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others.
- A Jedi should never force their own beliefs, views or opinions on others and should always try to better understand those beliefs which differ from their own.
- A Jedi should be mindful of their own feelings, but should not dismiss them completely.
- A Jedi should never rule or have control over anyone else.
- A Jedi should put the needs of the community above the needs of individuals.
- A Jedi should honour his Master, the Masters' Council, and the Jedi Coalition.
- A Jedi should honour the wishes of the Force and follow its guidance.
- A Jedi should always keep in mind the 'Jedi Code.'
- A Jedi should be mindful of the dangers of the dark side of the Force, but should never allow it to control his actions.
- A Jedi should always strive to do what is good and just.
- A Jedi is permitted to have relations, as long as it in no way interferes with their duty as a Jedi Knight.
The wintry home of the Jedi Enclave. Cut off from the galaxy at large, Permafrost's location ensures that the Jedi plans for the restoration of galactic peace and order are put on ice.
1 post • Page 1 of 1