The first steps

A roleplay area for new players to take their first steps into the Sithlore Universe. Welcome to the world Sithlore: Star Wars Roleplay!
Doren Vassyl

Re: The first steps

Post by Doren Vassyl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 am

"If you are given a chance", Doren echoed his insectoid acquaintance, "You had best give it your all: there will not be a second opportunity to do so". Assuming Vassyl could convince his overseers to take a gamble on the displaced Harch, a single failure or mistake would mean the very difference between continued success and potential incarceration. "I think we should be able to have you processed within the next forty-eight hours, but it will take time to maneuver through the red tape", the Captain explained, "Have you much in the way of property or funds? Full citizenship precede service in our military, and at the very least, some diplomatic exceptions will have to be made". No matter how pure or bloodstained one's intention, settling in the premier faction of the Galaxy was not without its paperwork.

Doren had some doubt as to whether or not his unlikely guest was truly aware of what he was signing on for. Rarely was work within the Empire temporary, and there was no room for regrets or temptation once the man took the oath of fealty. Vassyl would have been lying if he had claimed it an easy road to tread, especially for one who so dramatically clashed with what Imperial society deemed 'culturally appropriate'. Still, if Gustav had so few options available to him that he was willing to take the risk, the Captain was hardly in a position to refuse him. His own personal mores simply would not allow it. If the Harch was as versed in war as he claimed, then perhaps he would acclimate with little to no issue. One could never really be sure when it came to the Navy, and the humor of those that led it.
-------
"He's dangerous that one"
"Because he's a fanatic?"
"A fanatic with a conscience"

Gustav Trench
Registered Member

Post by Gustav Trench » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:25 pm

‘’First, I want to thank you for listening to me, second, I seldom find that live gives second chances, so you don’t have to worry if I give all that I got. And your question about property and funds, let’s just say I don’t have any property’s in the empire. And funds, not much enough to keep me alive though.’’ I said.

It was just then I noticed another man sitting at the table along side me and the two imperials officers. It was a zabrak, I didn’t know the man, but something felt off, was it the robes, the way he had sat down there without me noticing. It appears the imperials had already seen him, so I assumed he was an imperial as well.

‘’So, is there anything special I must do to gain citizenship?’’ I asked the imperial. ''Any information you want? Say and you'll get it.''

Doren Vassyl

Post by Doren Vassyl » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:49 am

Doren smiled in earnest as his newest aquaintance offered his thanks: it was a genuine gesture, and one that Vassyl could hardly fabricate under normal circumstances. The mirth was short-lived however, as the Harch delivered his next line of inquiry. The Captain expression slowly darkened as he gave his answer, "You will have to be screened by the security bureau: they shall determine whether or not you pose a possible threat to the state". Anyone that lived under Imperial, or even outsiders with a cursory knowledge of the Empire knew that the Bureau was not to be trifled with lightly. Even Doren, for all his military standing afforded him, was not above the Internal Affairs office, and the many hidden agents that no doubt kept close watch over his activities.

Indeed, were that Gustav proved to be an agent of one of the Empire's many enemies, Vassyl could just as easily take the fall for entertaining any bid for citizenship even if the two never interfaced thereafter. Even still, the Navy was always hurting for fresh talent, and a man of another species, another culture had the potential for tactical variance that no human admiral could hope to provide. Doren was never one to shy away from an idea that came from outside his usual sources, and exploring alternate viewpoints was, he felt, a chink the Fleet's otherwise impregnable armor. "Thankfully", the Captain added on a lighter note, "So long as the officials determine that your loyalty is absolute, and that you are acting independently of your own volition, getting you through the doors of recruitment should be fairly streamlined".
-------

Gustav Trench
Registered Member

Post by Gustav Trench » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:52 pm

‘’I can assure you one I make a pledge to something I do not betray that pledge.’’ I said to the man. ‘’Is there some place we must go to begin with this screening, an imperial base or something. I would be happy to go anywhere.’’ I continued.

I don’t really know how this screening by the ISB would go but I know that it is standard, and I know that if I want any role in the what ever branch of the imperial government or military, I must go through it, I am confident that they won’t find anything that would jeopardize my relationship with the empire. But then again if they did find something that would displease them, he might not leave this planet alive. Though this did not made him reconsider his choice of trying to join the empire, I am ready to take this pledge and commit my live to the cause that is the galactic empire.

Doren Vassyl

Post by Doren Vassyl » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:14 am

Looking down at his beverage for a moment, Doren observed he'd made little progress amidst his sustained discussion. Taking a handful of graduated sips, the Captain calmly turned his attention back on the Harch, his instincts otherwise informing a more relaxed posture towards Trench now that the Empire's expectations had been made clear. "In due course we shall make for the planetary capital", Vassyl explained with a orator's flick of the wrist, "For now, we ought to take a load off before we dig our heels into the administrative proceedings". An unpleasant frown sprout back across the Captain's face as he considered just how the group would make it into the urban center after Doren previous attempt.

It was then that Vassyl recalled his brooding associate sitting off to the side. Doren complexion then flickered back into a mischievous grin. Swiveling in his seat to face Prazutis, the Captain inquired, "Inquisitor, after we've finished our drinks, I wonder if you might assist us in checking into the war college meeting". If anything could bypass the political sabotage of Vassyl's visit, the power of the Force was assuredly near the top of the list. "It would seem someone lost myself and the Lieutenant's reservation and clearance, perhaps you might persuade the security officers to see reason?". The Captain could almost imagine the scene now: the look of shock on the Admirals and their aide's faces as he made his triumphant, albeit late appearance.
-------

Gustav Trench
Registered Member

Post by Gustav Trench » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:23 pm

After the comment of the imperial to wait a little bit before beginning on the administration, I felt that he wanted to discuss something with the Zabrak, so I decided to walk to the bartender and get one last drink.

While I walked towards the bar, a green alien caught my attention. It was a Verpine, my first thoughts went to: is it the Verpine I have been looking for. After thinking about it and reaching the bar I concluded that even a nefarious pirate like him would not sit openly in a bar in imperial space, and all Verpine looked the same so it was most likely just some Verpine who maybe didn’t even know the Verpine I was after.

‘’Give me a glass of brandy.’’ I said to the barkeep. He took a bottle and filled a glass. I took it and started to walk back to my new imperial acquaintances.

‘’I am ready when you are.’’ I said to them while sitting down and sipping from my glass. Strangely my gaze once again fell on the green alien, I didn’t know what to make of it but I also knew that we would probably soon be leaving and I would like to do it without any problems.

Neive Undant

Post by Neive Undant » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Their lightsabers clashed...
Prazutis held his own against the adversary, a young dathomiri who he had met only a few times in the past. The white sky calmy waded and the plantlife, most of it native to Dathomir, sat still in the windless environment.
"Leave me alone... Leave me alone!" Prazutis yelled, sending strike after strike from his lightsaber at the young man, who blocked each one. Without a word, the Zabrak found an opening, kicking Prazutis' leg out from under him. Looking up, Prazutis saw the blue blade above him, about to-

"inquisitor, "

Prazutis opened the golden eyes that were held beneath his helmet, exiting the meditative trance he had been locked into. He wasn't sure why he had these fits of meditation, but for some reason, he tended to let his mind wander, never able to remember what it had come up with when he returned to reality.
Upon listening to Captain Vassyl's request, the inquisitor nodded, looking back to him.
"Of course, captain." He bluntly replied. He wasn't sure why his presence was needed, or how the two officers' reservations would have been lost, but if the captain made a request, he saw himself obliged to help.

Occasionally speaks sith. translation here: http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php

Doren Vassyl

Post by Doren Vassyl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 pm

"Excellent", Vassyl announced, in light of both Neive's confirmation and Trench's return from the bar. Nearing the end of his own beverage, the Captain determined there was still time for a little casual probing. Settling back in his seat some, Doren calmly inquired of the Harch, "If it isn't too much trouble, perhaps you could enlighten us with some of your history in the planetary defense service? Even prior to the resurgence of rebel activity after the coup, my knowledge of your homeworld's sector is rather limited". The more academic militarist in Vassyl, possibly emboldened by his beverage, was keen to hear about deviant fleet formations, or cultural stratagems unique to the Harch at large.
-------

Gustav Trench
Registered Member

Post by Gustav Trench » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm

‘’My history, I can tell about it, but I have to warn you it isn’t very glorious or anything.’’ I said. ‘’But is started years ago with my first assignment, after I graduated, I went to serve in the defensive force, coming from a wealthy and powerful family I got some starter benefits, I was given the command of a battleship. For 4 years I was it’s captain, in those four years I fully embraced and mastered the way that Harch fight battles. If we are given an order, we will complete it, no matter the cost. When we attack, we don’t just wait for an opening in the enemy’s defense, we make an opening. We fight swift and effective. But after serving four years I was promoted to the commander of a larger group of ships. In that position I learned really the art of war the way we apply it. Strike hard and never show weakness, it’s an honor dying to protect your planet, it is an honor to serve and die for a cause that you believe in.’’ I continue emptying the glass in my mouth.

‘’For years the defense force was that cause, I made it as far as vice admiral in the defense force. We made it so that no regular pirate ever dared to even come close to Harch space. But then happened what always happens to us. We become discontent with our current leaders, and we fight against each other. As vice admiral I fought for the government, while the other side of the war was supported by the alliance. My admirals ship was destroyed in battle, so I assumed the role of admiral.’’ I said but then my voice darkened. ‘’I was fighting on the other side of the planet, we we’re winning the battle and the civil war. But then a large group of blue star pirate ships entered orbit, they destroyed the few ships that we’re stationed on that side of the planet. I and my ships went there as fast as we could, but we were to late, once I arrived they already bombed the capital and already killed my parents and the government I was fighting for. I engaged the pirates, we managed to destroy some of their ships but most of them got away. After that the civil war was lost, it was only because of my family name and some relatives that survived that I wasn’t executed. They obviously stripped me of my rank and demoted me to an intelligence officer. I stayed for one month gathering information about the pirates, so I could get my revenge.’’

‘’I left because the defense force wasn’t my cause any more. I don’t only blame the pirates for my parent’s death I also blame myself. I left without a something to live for, and I came here to find something to live for, I really hope that something can be the empire.’’ I said while looking at the man waiting for a response.

Neive Undant

Post by Neive Undant » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:09 am

Prazutis chuckled a bit to himself, thinking over what the harch had said for a moment.
"Revenge... it's such a bitter thing. It tears at you, eats away at you until you've attained it... but wanting it against a group like the pirates, it's almost impossible to settle. Even if they fall, more just like them will rise, somehow inspired by the downfall of those with similar ideas or circumstances..." He paused.
"But focus that intent on one person responsible... tear that person's heart out, make them wish they were dead... and to grant that wish. That is what you should seek."
His words had been sourced from his own experience, from his time in the Alliance, finally murdering the man he deemed responsible for the Third Death Star... and the destruction of Dathomir.
"And once that's done, you continue against their beliefs. But to strike the demon in the heart before killing its offspring is the quickest way to success, if vengeance is what you seek," Prazutis looked at the Harch.
He had plenty of experience with vengeance... it was the whole purpose behind his involvement with the Galactic Civil War in the first place. How ironic it was, he thought...
He now fought for the same side that had taken his homeworld. Perhaps it had never been put into perspective for him... but now he truly realized what he was doing... but could not do anything to stop himself. His loyalty, his anger against the enemies of the empire... things had changed since the third Death Star... this wasn't the same empire as then. It didn't even have the same leader...
Though, perhaps that was why he stuck around?

Occasionally speaks sith. translation here: http://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php