"I just know that I'll regret this when it's over." (Emic)

With Korriban, the ancient home world of the Sith, destroyed, the Sith Order have retreated to the sanctuary of the frozen realm of Zoist.
Slade Xandir

"I just know that I'll regret this when it's over." (Emic)

Post by Slade Xandir » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:24 am

Mercy couldn't bear to watch it happen again. Or that. Or this. But the this that was going on was just one of the several reels of banthashat she'd be forced to live through every time she went to close her eyes for some semblance of sleep. Dastan sat there, clearly watching her squirm under his boot, another training gone south in her books, as she ended back the loser, again and again. Naria stood there, arms crossed over her chest, looking clearly tired of Mercy failing to learn from her mistakes. "Just kill her and get it over with. She's not worth wasting another lesson on." the blond cast an apathetic gaze upon the fallen Phoenix. She couldn't breathe, Dastan's heavy boot pressing harder than he typically would on her since this was supposed to be training. She was starting to get dizzy. He ignited his red blade, aiming it close enough for her to smell the sear that was coming from the plasma sword. It kept still as he regarded her, his pupil he had spent so much time on, only to put her to death because of some ugly, straw haired bit-
Her hateful hazel golds struck the woman, and just before the saber slickly went to cleave her headless, the room erupted in her inferno, flames shooting out from her body and engulfing everything and everyone in the room, with not a single ounce of-

"Mercy, I'mma need you to chill. You're bout to kick the rail free off of this bedframe, and I doubt they have frames they can keep sparing cuz you don't know what 'chill' means."

She sat up, sweat sticking her brown locks hotly to her skin. Tver stood there watching her, stupid ratty face grinning at her in the dark despite his dumb ratty warning against her inevitable unconscious temper. She was bewildered that he was even in here, but mainly she was trying to get her bearings. The Phoenix was in the barracks where the rest of the Kings in Yellow slept, and she merely assumed Tver was making rounds before stopping to check up on her. He was probably pulling night shift, and wanted to be a pervert. Or maybe he really was concerned. But the pessimistic dame wasn't letting him be graced with that benefit of doubt. She gave no one any benefit of anything.

"Frakk off," she pushed off of the bed and landed on a sore pair of feet, which no doubt she used to fight the bedrail he said she was about break. She pushed past him, not letting him see her long enough to notice her limping. Who cared if he noticed. Screw him. Screw everybody. And most especially, screw- "You know he ain't nothin worth trippin over, right?" Rat boy trailed her as she headed towards the mess hall in pajamas, oddly feminine despite being in sweats and a tanktop. She didn't even bother to fix her hair, leaving it a sloppy mess as it typically was halfway hiding her face.

"Mind your own business, nosey-ass" she flipped his grinning ass a bird of her own. He chuckled and let her walk, barefoot and alone to go get a late night snack.
"π’―π’½π‘’π“‡π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’, 𝐼 𝒢𝓂."

Emic Lai
Registered Member

Re: "I just know that I'll regret this when it's over." (Emic)

Post by Emic Lai » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:50 pm

The warm Dxun air breezed in through the open window of the barracks kitchen. The night guards stood a ways away at the entrance to the camp, joking loudly, just loud enough to touch the ears of the Zabrak sitting at the kitchen table. She bit down on chewstim as she spent time pondering in silence.

Like the golden-eyed operator under her command, her mind lingered on her past. She thought of Vesper.

When she first met Vesper, Emic wondered just how a corpse could be walking around like that. The only parts about that half-breed Sith that didn't seem dead were his eyes, yellow orbs swirling with hate, pride, jingoism, and occasionally, appreciation. She wondered just why anyone would choose the Sith to be the center of their national pride. A death cult where everybody thinks they're the most important thing in the galaxy and would just as soon stab you in the back as stand behind it. Where if your CO gave you worthless orders and lost the battle, you'd be put in front of the firing squad like it was your fault, or if you recognize that your CO's orders are worthless and win the battle for him, you'd be executed anyway for insubordination. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Somehow, that dead weirdo made it work, though. Maybe it was the way he spoke, and respected and rewarded skill. Maybe it was because he knew who to execute. Maybe both.

Some way, Emic thought, even she might have been tricked by Vesper's ways. She ended up back here after all. The way he led from the front, charged first over the wall of the trench, and spoke with passion to the troops after their victory may have had an effect on her just as it clearly had on the rank-and-file. It all could have just been an act for the grunts; after all, when he was alone with the officers and other Sith, he was always quiet and reserved. Unless someone annoyed him. Even that could have been an act, though, just a more complex version of the classic Sith overcompensation. Whatever it was, it seemed to come down around Emic. He laughed, worried, and wanted, just as anybody else, and Emic had heard all these things from him, when no one else was around.

It was hard to say what their relationship actually was. Not even Emic knew for sure. It was a friendship, she supposed. It didn't look like any romantic relationship she had ever seen. It wasn't without attraction, though, but even then, not in the traditional sense. Vesper was too uncanny to look at to be called handsome by any regular standard. As she thought before, he looked dead. It could have been his demeanor Emic appreciated. Or his kill count. Or maybe it was just that some part of her wanted to see whether she or he would kill the other first.

Not that it mattered all that much now. That bastard was gone, buzzed off somewhere, didn't tell anyone where he was going. Didn't say goodbye. He's probably dead now. It's too much work too hate the dead.

Footsteps approached the entrance to the kitchen and snapped Emic out of her reverie. She turned her eyes toward the brown-headed soldier that sought to raid the conservator in the middle of the night. The Zabrak pulled the end of her lip into a smirk. "Up late, operator?"

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Mercy immediately came back with her own dry wit. "Not by choice, believe me," as she regarded her current superior with a nod before heading to one of the chef droids stationed on standby behind the counter. She grabbed a plate, activating the boards and servos to get the moving, and feed her. The steam table, idly running, slid the tops off to show the days left overs, down not hitting yet to switch the foods over. Droid plated her course with a hunk of minced meat with tomatoe sauce, pulverized root marinated in milk and fatty oil, and a heap of long beans. She took a plasticup after they dropped a roll on her tray, and filled it with alderaan mimick wine - grape juice actually with a hint of spritz, and pulled a fork free from the drag tray.

Barefoot, she walked on the balls of her feet, always a habit she had from birth, and her steps as result, were soundless, no suction from heel -to-toe movement disclosing anything about her, not even her attitude. But her face disclosed it enough, as she pulled a seat across from the Iridonian. Her temper was nothing like how it was when Dastan had worked to curb her urges to annihilate someone with with her tongue and violence. He had tried instilling patience in her, a will to think before she spoke, and most certainly before she acted. Her level of destruction was a detriment to them all, and her dream only proved that. Tormentous had liked that about her, her fire, her immediate seek to destroy anyone who stood against her and ensure they were nothing but ashes left pitifully in her wake. But he too was nothing but frakking trouble. In fact, the Sith as a whole committed to being nothing but trouble, but here she frakkin was.
She stabbed heartlessly into a chunk of her meat, allowing rich sauce to bleed through it, yanked it from it's mold and carved it to pieces in her maw.

Not one for manners, she spoke through mid-chew. "Guessed you wouldn't be too happy supplying another bedframe to me this month, so I cut a dream short to pack a few more carbs in." Mercy turned a quick glance to the alien as she toyed with her taters. She would have been a favorite to Kroxata, she mused. Hell, Mercy probably would have been a favorite of the zabby, but she didn't adhere to tradition. She didn't have any. No culture, nothing. Just a bad case of 'shut up, don't talk to me.' But considering the Iridonian before her, she wondered what would have made the difference between Kroxata and Emic. What were their cultures like? Or was Emic cut from the same cloth, and kept from stuff like that?

"Thinking what I'm thinking, and shoving Tver down a sewer pipe in as many pieces as possible?" She ducked her head back down, brunette curtain shielding her disdain for the idiot who woke her up tonight. So what she would break a bed frame; they were sith. They could get another frakking frame.

Emic Lai
Registered Member

Post by Emic Lai » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:17 am

It certainly wasn't Emic's job to sort out a childish rivalry between two of her soldiers. It's not like she was a babysitter. Maybe it'd result in one of them getting killed and it would all sort itself out. Sounds like Mercy had that idea already.

"You know, where I come from, murder is the most honest expression of love," Emic said with an evil smirk on her face. Nothing like a little bit of pot-stirring to make an evening interesting.

"And in case that didn't get far enough up your ion engine," Emic said, reminiscing about her own past relationships. "That bit of trivia is actually true." Indeed the ex-boyfriends Emic hated were the lucky ones.

"When an Iridonian gets worked up, have mercy on whatever poor sap is next to them. Friend or foe, makes no difference. Blood is blood," the Zabrak explained. "If your partner gives you such a strong feeling that the only thing you can do is carve them up... it's love." Emic smiled almost genuinely as she thought back to her younger days as a youth setting out from Iridonia. Her first employer had a son, too pure to be the spawn of a crime lord. Dressed in finery all the time, spoiled rotten, but how that perfect hair fell over his soft umber skin. Too perfect to damage, so when she looked upon him as he slept, she picked the most beautifully embroidered pillow with which to smother him. That escapade was a rush to get away from. Little did they know she had the keys to the son's space yacht, and she was cruising around drinking up the wine and living in the lap of luxury as they turned the entire planet over looking for her.

Any rage on Mercy's part would be misplaced. After all, what's a bit of teasing between comrades?

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:21 am

Mercy mentally meandered on the response of her superior, her lips curving into a frown so fast it would have broken her face if it were porcelain. She immediately thanked the makers she wasn't an Iridonian. That made murder seem so much worse than even hugging the rat faced boy. "Ugh," she scoffed, unable to stop her disgust from such a thought, which might have even been seemed to be disrespectful to the culture of the alien. Even killing someone near you who wasn't the source of the problem seemed pointless for the Phoenix. Why not just-
But that was the problem, wasn't it, she asked herself, backing away from the table so tightly in her huddled lean. She relaxed a bit, eyeing her CO with some kind of understanding glinting in her hazel golds. Mercy didn't' get how you could love someone and want them dead, or showing that you DID in fact love them, ending up killing them. Maybe it WAS just a culture thing. Maybe she wasn't given wiggle room to understand simply because that just wasn't what she grew up with.

Fighting through the rest of her meal as stoically as possible, the Phoenix refused to think about Tver any more, tonight, or this morning. Or whatever the frakk the time was right now. Head muddled, she wanted to just finish her meal and pass back out, but once she was awake, she was awake. There wasn't any going back to sleep, and considering her alarm probably going off in the next hour, there would be no point to fall back asleep. Drills were due soon, and Mercy had atleast enough time to get ready. Shower, and what not. Clear her head.

"Is there any way I can trade partners?" Surely love-made murder wasn't the ONLY way to get rid of the bastard, right? Miss Vyler scowled at the possibility of being stuck with the Rat for so long. "Preferably with a partner that has a brain?"

Emic Lai
Registered Member

Post by Emic Lai » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:51 am

It was delightful to see just how easily flustered Mercy was. A stone-cold killer she was, no doubt about it. But she could work on her emotional control. Probably a result of those Sith telling her that getting mad was always good. Rage can help you do the impossible, but even the average commando was better served by a cold heart than a hot temper.

"Yeah? And just who would I put him with?" Emic mused with the remnants of a smirk on her face. "Who deserves that fate?"

It wasn't like everyone in the unit hated Tver. There were some who would probably enjoy his presence in their fireteam quite a bit. For a few hours. Maybe a day. Maybe it was worth it to reassign the Rat. Maybe Mercy could pull more weight if she and her partner weren't bickering all the time. Frakkin' maybe. Emic was a soldier, not a psychologist.

Slade Xandir

Post by Slade Xandir » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Mercy slipped a piece of sneer into the conversation, stabbing her slab of meat with more than just an intent to rattle off another piece. After the initial process of the chewing and swallowing, she wiped a smear of sauce off with a white napkin from the corner of her face. How it got there, she hadn't bothered to care enough to find out. "A mirror." She nodded enthusiastically, then finished her grand scheme with "Then I wouldn't have to kill him. He'd get to the point where he'd do it, himself." Hook line and sinker.

The Phoenix thought about her first semi-real partner as she had worked for the Sith, and decided to reveal something to Emic that the Zab probably already knew. "I chose not to work for the Sith-Sith." Swishing her fork about in mash and sauce, she decided to actually look her commander in the eye on this bit. It helped for her to be honest with someone, since she liked to lie to herself, so much. Atleast somebody would know the truth before she had gotten herself killed somehow, swapping sides so much. Putting her fork down, she pushed her plate aside, and laid her scarred hands atop one another.

"Not gonna give you a sob story. But I have seen the real difference between liars, killers, and monsters. And those bastards make all three look like a cakewalk. One of my partners, Fox, was eaten by Blood. Like, that-" she snapped, a hard click between three digits. "Doesn't even bother him that he inhaled a living person that he used to work with." That was just too freaky for Mercy. And when Tormentous had come back, reclaimed the throne, Mercy had helped him do it. Even after she swore she was done with the whole Sith thing. What kept pulling her back?! "I'm used to dog eat dog, but when wizard wolves come into play, that's a league I can't just waltz into, Commander. Even if... I am one." She was almost made ashamed of her inability to own up to using her Force Powers. She could, but they made her feel things when she did. And they weren't good things. "Using the Force isn't just like picking up a gun. You can't just aim and shoot; you gotta feel stuff to use it. And my feelings when I use it... it makes morality breakable. Like eating somebody that used to work for you, isn't so terrible."

The Phoenix leaned back, clasping her hands behind her disheveled head, the metallic chair creaking silent awareness against the cold floor. "I was almost chosen as Tormentous' next little chew toy. But I just...can't make myself into that."