November Race Sign-Up and Discussion

An Out of Character forum for the discussion of roleplay threads and minicampaigns.
Master Buggie
Staff

November Race Sign-Up and Discussion

Post by Master Buggie » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello everyone.

I was thinking that now might be a fun time to play one of the race games that we have in the Colossus Races section of the forum since we haven't had a race in a while. There's two options to choose from-- Colossus Time Trials and The Chase. As you've probably determined from the names of the games, they're both race-style games, though they each play a little differently. The hyperlinks above go to the rules posts that I've made for each.

What's the difference?
I would say that The Chase would take a several days to complete, since you have to submit orders each round. If you want instant gratification, Colossus Time Trials is easy to set up and run, and we could run as many sessions as you like until we're tired. To summarize, Colossus Time Trials takes probably an hour to get results each time we run it, The Chase would take days.

Is this canon?
It's just for fun, I wouldn't want to try justifying why all of our characters, from each of their varied backgrounds, are meeting up at the Colossus to race. It would make about as much sense as our Ben Kenobi being a star shockball player. Ultimately, if you want to work racing into your character's storyline, that is your prerogative.

What's at stake?
You tell me if you want an entry fee. I think 50,000 is the standard wager we've used in the past, which should be sent to user Spreadsheet on the SLIU, not to me, Master Buggie. I'm pretty flexible as to what we want to do; it matters more to me that we're doing something that you all get enjoyment out of. Speaking of the entry fee, though, if you're a new player and you want to play but you lack the credits, there are plenty of veteran players who are willing to help, myself included. Just bring it up, we'll get you taken care of.

How do I sign up?
Post below or let me know you want in on Discord (@ me), and I'll add you to the list. Make sure to let me know which game you want to play, preference on wager amount, and anything else you deem relevant. I'm looking for at least 5 people to sign up, 10 maximum.

---

1.) Darth Fett - PAID
2.) Varn Badaash - PAID
3.) Adar Bolner - PAID
4.) Annan Rainwalker - PAID
5.) Darth Tormentous - PAID
6.) Ben Kenobi - PAID
7.) Lord Blood - PAID

Master Buggie
Staff

Re: November Race Sign-Up and Discussion

Post by Master Buggie » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Also, at one point, I wrote up a format for the Castilon Tournament, so if we get enough people who want to play Colossus Time Trials, we can potentially make a tournament out of it. I think 8 or 12 participants would be enough for the tournament format.

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Adar Bolner joins the fight! He told me on Discord. I'm going to cover his entry fee, since he doesn't have enough credits. I'll add this to the first post, but as usual, if you're short on credits, there's plenty of veteran players around here with more credits than they know what to do with who would be happy to cover your entry if you need help.

Darth Fett
Registered Member

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:20 am

Dearest Ben,
Just know that unlike Buggie, I support your shockball career.
Know who your friends are.

And to the point, I am ok with whatever wager is agreed upon.

Varn Badaash
Registered Member

Post by Varn Badaash » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:24 am

Count me in for either race

Jacobi Wylcott

Post by Jacobi Wylcott » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:14 pm

I shall attend and match any such wager on the field thank you

Annan Rainwalker

Post by Annan Rainwalker » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:13 pm

"Since the beginning of time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light."
—Journal of the Whills 1:1

Ben Kenobi
Staff

Post by Ben Kenobi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 am

Trying to butter me up Mr. Fett?

I approve. Please continue.

May I also join in?

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Okay race fans, I think we've gotten about as much interest as we're going to get. I've decided that I would like to play Colossus Time Trials since no one had a preference. There's a couple more things I will need from each of you before we can start.
  • Please send 50,000 credits to SLIU user Spreadsheet. Do not send credits to me, Master Buggie, or else I will keep them. I am very greedy.
  • Pick a ship to use from the list here. These are racing ships, not ships that your character owns on the SLIU, so pick any of them and take their special effects and stats into consideration. Once you have selected a ship and paid Spreadsheet on the SLIU, post your selection in this thread.
  • I will tell you the length of the track, but not the special effect, which will be determined just before the race starts. For a list of special course effects, see here. The racetrack will be the Castilon Spaceway, a track with ten checkpoints.
If you see this thread and you want to race, it is not too late. I would be very happy to have more racers!

Master Buggie
Staff

Post by Master Buggie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Ani has paid. I have paid for Adar.